PDA

View Full Version : how shouldi equip my men (IG)

sicarius2424
10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
i just got a cadian battle force a helhound and a valkyrie. i need some men to capture objectives so i want the comand squad and the 2 squads to be without heavy weapons(i want to make a heavy weapon team with heavy bolters) i have already built the sentinel with it being scout and autocannon to go along wit hmy multilaser one i already have i was thinking of just having a regular helhound but i dont know what i should put on the hul to compliment the main weapon i preferer the weapons to all match up in range because i am playing a campaign with my freind who plays tau. then for the valkyrie i was going to equip it with sponnsoon heavy bolters and rocket pods.

550pt campaign
no tanks with armour over 12 need at least one troop min. how should i equip them

Old_Paladin
10-19-2009, 02:51 PM
If the hellhound is the new plastic kit; making it a Devildog (with melta cannon) adds some great firepower to such a low level game; and it goes well with either a hull flamer or multi-melta.

For your infantry squads, I feel grenade launchers are a good allrounder (cheap, multi-purpose, same range as lasguns).

People are probably going to say that the bolters on the Valk are a waste; I think it's up to personal choice and play style (and not a bad price for the extra shots; if you're moving slow).

Herald of Nurgle
10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
First, use the Command Squad as a COMPANY Command - you will probably need the HQ choice, right?

Next, obviously the infantry will have become VETERANS.

If you want to buy another battleforce, that is recommended. You can always trade in the Heavy Weapons...

sicarius2424
10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
i already have a ig army of 1200 these are just what i bought over the weekend and looking for opinions on how to build them i asked goat boy he said i should build the hellhound as a... well helhound but i was thinking of throwing on one turret then play with the design a bit see what works best and for the valkyrie i see the spoonsoons as good covering fire when i drop the infantry in the back

ggg
10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Looks like you are packing an awful lot of anti- infantry, rocket pods, multi laser, hell hound flame thrower - and the little dudes are looking at flamers or grenade launchers- strength 4 - 6. I know you said that armour is capped at 12 but still you are going to need 6's and then you are glancing. Your armour pen is rolling in at 4 - 6. The sentinel is a good choice but is not reliable enough to take down armour alone. THe other guy is pushing Tau around and most Tau armies are based around a lot of vehicles and or battle suits and without plenty of ap 3 and strength 7 + weapons I would struggle. You could stick a couple of melta guns in your command squad and infantry squad and have them having a pop at the vehicles.

I would make your squads into veteran squads and pack as many special weapons in there as possible- at least one melta in each - and make the command squad into an HQ. one vet squad to sit on one objective with long range weapons and one to ride in style in the valk. You'll have loads of Bs 4. If you have anti armour vets they can be delivered nice and close in the valk to pop a devil fish and any fire warriors that come out get burnt up by your fast attack options. I like the bane wolf - you'll frizzle any 3+ tau suits - although you will get the earlier shot off with the longer range hell hound so that is not a bad option. I'd go cheap with the chasis weapons.

Quite a dynamic combination you've got there - lots of outflanking, smattering of fast vehicles, loads of templates and 25 guys. Kick some Tau. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

sicarius2424
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
he runs 3 battle suits with 1 squad of 2 and then the last one on his own a full fire warrior squad with pulse rifles vespids wich i burn out each game :cool: but still have lost every game of the campaign and every game i have ever played (except one kill team mission space marines VS. gun drones whos gunna win?) i was using the old codex before but jus tgot the new one with all of this stuff (finally loving life:D) well heres my army list

i have 60 extra points so i can use 610

ccs 50=110
flamer X2 10
medi-pack 30
power weapon 10
plasma pistol 10
storm troopers 85= 95
flamer 5
grenade launcher 5
pcs 30= 37
bolt pistol 2
grenade launcher 5
squad A-1 50= 65
auto cannon 10
grenade launcher 5
squad A-2 50=70
missle launcher 15
grenade launcher 5
squad A-3 50= 60
mortar 5
sniper rifle 5
squad A-4 50=65
heavy bolter 10
sniper rifle 5

total 502

these are all 4th edition models the last 2 squads A-3,4 used to have greande launchers but i made some from left over bits and also i can use them with the new codex the platton is a mix of both my other platoons when i play a regular list the ccs is a mix of second pcs and my original ccs i plan on getting rid of the strom troopers because they are weighing me down they have experiance in the negatives and they lost an assult to 2 fire warriors when there was 2 of them (one had a power sword!!!) so there fore i can use the helhound