PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boys rnd 2 debate

Lord Severus
07-31-2009, 09:48 PM
So GW released the missions for round 2 of Hard Boys the other day. The first one shouldn't bother my guard army, even though it has 40 killpoints with the modifications to them. I am thinking most armies are going ot be around 30-40 also, so it shouldnt be that big of a deal. Mission 2 is what makes me nervous with guard, a whole game of night fight. PArt of me says i should be fine, since I have 8 chimeras and a valkyrie that can go around lighting things up with serachlights, but It still is a scary proposition for guard. Mission 3 I am waffling on, It is a single objective in the middle of the board, and table quarters, could get very bloody.

Here are the missions:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m340258a_Ardboyz_Scenarios_Rd2.PDF

They chaos one will be much more of an in your face list which should work better for missions 2 and 3.

Company command squad
Lascannon, Plasma gun
Officer of the fleet, chimera

Aliied Inquisitor Lord, Psychic hood, Emperor’s Tarot, Psycannon, Acolyte, 2x Mystics

Callidius Assasin

Psyker Battle Squad-5 additional Psykers, Chimera

Infantry Platoon-Command Squad, 4x flamers, chimera
Infantry Platoon, Squad 1 Melta gun, chimera
Infantry Platoon, Squad 2 Melta gun, chimera

Veteran Squad 3 x Melta guns, Lascannon, chimera

Leman Russ Executioner-Hull Lascannon, Plasma Cannon Spoonsons

Leman Russ Squadron-Battle Cannon, hull heavy bolter
Leman Russ Squadron-Battle Cannon, hull heavy bolter

Leman Russ Demolisher squadron-Demolisher cannon, Heavy bolter hull, Heavy bolter sponsons
Leman Russ Demolisher squadron-Demolisher cannon, Heavy bolter hull, Heavy bolter sponsons

Chimera Transport-mutli laser turret, hull heavy bolter, heavy stubber pintle, attached to company command squad
Chimera Transport-mutli laser turret, hull heavy bolter, attached to psyker squad
Chimera Transport-Heavy flamer turret, hull heavy bolter, attached to platoon command squad
Chimera Transport-mutli laser turret, hull heavy bolter, infantry squad
Chimera Transport-mutli laser turret, hull heavy bolter, infantry squad
Chimera Transport-mutli laser turret, hull heavy bolter, attached to vet squad

Valkyrie-multilaser, multiple rocket pods

So everything has a chimera, plus I have the valk. This list did very well in the prelims and practice games for me.

Here's the chaos one:
HQ
Kharn
Lash prince with wings

Troops
8x plague marines
Personal Icon, Champ, Power fist, 2x meltas, rhino

8x plague marines
Personal Icon, Champ, Power fist, 2x meltas, rhino

10x Chaos Marines
Icon chaos Glory, Champ, PF, 2x Meltas, Rhino

10x Chaos Marines
Icon chaos Glory, Champ, PF, 2x Meltas, Rhino

10 Berzerkers
Champ, PF, Icon, Rhino

9x Berzerkers
Champ, PF, Rhino,

7x Lesser Demons

Heavy

2x Oblits

2x oblits

2x Oblits
so kharn des with the 9 berzerkers, probably deepstrike the oblits, and the lashprince gets what ever I need close to the berzerkers to kill them.

Thoughts for the how the two armies interact with the missions?

Am I overreacting on based on the missions?

I think guard just scare so many people right now that it gives you somewhat of an advantage right off the bat. I also am convincing my self more and more that they will be fine in the second mission. The chaos list seems like it will just come out and slap your face though. I do love the guard though.

Nikephoros
08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Looking at the second scenario, it says, "...keep track of victory points..."

I assume they mean 5th edition standard kill points, correct? If not, that would possibly change things for me.

yergerjo
08-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Actually each mission says to track victory points, as that will be how they break ties at the tourney end. Different.

VulkansApprentice
08-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Oddly enough, had we kept track of KP at the first round, things might have turned out differently. I was in a tie for 3rd overall based on mission points. The organizers weren't sure how to pick, and wanted us to play a playoff round. I had no time, so I gave it to the other guy, but tracking the KP may have helped.