PDA

View Full Version : DH Arbites character conversion

Dan James Hammond
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Alright, so I've got an Arbitrator in Dark Heresy, which I really enjoy playing, and the future plan is to go into Rogue Trader, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious choice to convert my guy to. Current bet is to drop him into the role of Arch-Militant, or drop a bridge on him and start with a new character of some description... any suggestions? Cheers in advance.

Coyote81
01-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Alright, so I've got an Arbitrator in Dark Heresy, which I really enjoy playing, and the future plan is to go into Rogue Trader, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious choice to convert my guy to. Current bet is to drop him into the role of Arch-Militant, or drop a bridge on him and start with a new character of some description... any suggestions? Cheers in advance.

Depending on what kind of Arbitrator you played, I think the Seneschal career path would be the best direction to go. You don't have to build him as a "Trade" orieanted character, but instead as an information (underworld) type guy. Maybe your Arbitrator has enough of the rules holding him back and has decided to do a bit of Freelance justice. Especially for the right price, and found a Rogue Trader who know exactly what his price is. Seneschals are niec because they are a very good balance of Brains and Brawn, but beware, you often become the face of an operation as a Seneschal due to all the information and skills you have access to outside of combat. For you i recommend skills such as: Tracking, Shadowing, security......things you'd need to catch a target.

This IMO would be the natural direction an Arbitrator would take if he had joined a Rogue Trader and left the service of his Arbitrator force.

Dan James Hammond
01-12-2013, 01:12 AM
cheers :) i'll keep that in mind if/when we get that far... its a fair way off yet, and we might use Ascension instead, but thanks none-the-less :)