PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Crons

Norbu the Destroyer
10-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Here is a list I have had a lot of success with.

Deciever
Lord (res. orb, des. body, war scythe, phase shifter)

2 x 11 warriors
2 x 3 wraiths
5 destroyers
1 monolith
4 pariah
1 t. spyder

It works, for you necron nay sayers, try it and become a believer.:o

I have many other 1850 lists but this is the one I have been running lately. I am toying with the idea of having a little challenge at adepticon. A take on all comers Necron list to see if anyone can phase me in 5 turns. This may be one of the lists. Granted I wont have a $1200 Titan for a prize but I just want to show people the Crons are a viable list in 5th edition. An uphill battle, but viable. Although I am tempted to run Crons at the gladiator.:D

Chumbalaya
10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Yuck, that list is terribad.

Wraiths suck in HtH, you only have 1 unit of Destroyers, and you sunk points in Pariahs, a C'tan and a Monofail. How does it handle mech? Please don't say CC and Mono pies, you'll make me cry.

DarkLink
10-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Heh, then take him on at adepticon

If he says he's had success with the list, I'm willing to believe him. As a Grey Knight player, I know all too well how skilled play can turn a bad list into a good one.

Kinda reminds me of part of my antropology class I had earlier today. Apparently, there is a certain theory about how early man hiked across the bering straight into North America. Theory turned out to be right, and scientists assumed that these people were the first to get into America. However, extensive evidence has started popping up that there were earlier settlers, who took a different route across the bering straight and down along the coast.

Rather than accept the new evidence, a [shrinking] majority of scientists would openly attack the people excavating the evidence, accusing them of planting the evidence, or try to explain how the evidence was invalid.

The point is, real world evidence is far more important that theories will ever be. If the list works for Mr. Destroyer, then it works for him, regardless of whether it is theoretically a good list or not.

Garou24
10-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Looks like a fun and varied list. I have not tried using any of the C'tan with my necrons. i do always have a unit of Flayed ones and pariahs in my list. If you have the models, maybe swap the the wraiths with flayed ones and run them close to your pariahs. How has the Tomb spider been working for you? I love my necrons and love taking the fun units. Glad to see I am not the only one.

N0rdicNinja
10-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Your list makes me smile good sir, I'm always fond of generals willing to travel down the unbeaten path! =) I would probably approach the list slightly differently (I always seem to have a hard time adequately fitting a C'tan in <2000) but I applaud your approach, it would be a refreshing list to play against that's for sure.

Norbu the Destroyer
10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah this was a bit of a bait post since I already have taken this list to a tourney. I went to the Battle Bunker this weekend in Chicago. I finished 2nd out of 24 players. I fought foot slogging orks, mech chaos, and chaos deamon (demon prince heavy). Aghainst the chaos list killed the four rhinos and 1 defiler, 1 survived. Foot slogging orks I lost to (barely) but killed about 110 boyz, 20 gretchin, 2 meks, arty crew, and chewed up snikrot before the game ended.
My wraiths (which some believe are horrible in melee) killed 2 deamon princes of Nurgle, one unit of 15 plauge bearers, a great unclean one, and a unit of nurglings. I killed all princes, 40 plauge bearers, GUO, and left him with epidemus and 10 p. bearers on the table.
The Necrons performed just fine. As far as anti mech, the wraiths are S6 with a pile of attacks that hit on rear, the mono glances or pie plates, destroyers pop rhinos or glance vehicles (you dont need to kill them, just immobilize them), and the lord and pariah are S5 + 2d6 on vehicles. The list does just fine. Oh yeah and the Deciever, hes not bad at killing vehicles either. The Crons can get it done, they are by no means the top army in the game, but they can find a way to beat most armies.
So dont believe all the nay-sayers, try them out and expect a learning curve. I have been playing warhammer since Jan. and in these 10 months I have found a way to compete in most games, so can you.:o
Hope this inspires people to dust off the crons and try some of those odd units, not just warrior, destroyer, mono spam lists. In fact I recomend going against spam lists anyway, as the odd list keeps the opponent off balance.