PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pts SW need help!

wolflold
10-20-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm going to play 1000 pts battles against a few friends and i made an list of SW but im not sure it might work. My friends play Chaos Deamons, Eldar, Tau and Tyranids.

HQ
Battle Leader - frost axe, storm shield - 125

Elites
Dreadnought - twin-lascannon -135

Wolf Guards 3x (see units)

Troops
Grey hunters 9x - meltagun, power weapon - 155
WG1 - power fist, combi-melta - 43
Rhino - extra armour, smoke launcer - 50

Grey hunters 8x - meltagun, power weapon - 140
WG2 - power fist, combi-melta - 43
Rhino - extra armour, smoke launcer - 50

Grey hunters 5x - plasmagun - 85
WG3 - power weapon, bolt pistol - 28
Razorback - twin-lascannon - 75

Fast Attack
Land Speeder - mulit-melta, heavy flamer - 70

total 999 pts

Unholy_Martyr
10-20-2009, 10:34 AM
A pretty solid list but there are several areas of concern: First, your vehicles lacking extra armor is a BIG problem, you want these guys in the fight not sitting in the middle of the field because a squad of fire warriors shook it the previous turn. Secondly, the placement of your battle leader seems a little iffy, as well as his wargear. Finally, with almost all of your army being mounted, your dread is probably going to receive alot of undesired attention.

In terms of suggestions, I would offer up first that the runic armor seems a little too much for this game. While the 2+/5+ is nice, you could use those points for some extra armor on your vehicles. In addition, I would exchange the dread for another land speeder and use the left over points for extra-armor/upgrades. Outside of that I think it is farily well balanced, but that's just my opinion.

Kanaellars
10-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Also worth noting that the 5+ on Runic is only against psychic things.... but vs eldar and daemons it might still be worth it, depending on your friends.

Personally I might be tempted to swap the Dred for a unit of Long fangs. Sure, they still arnt mobile, but you trade a little armour for wounds and the ability to spread your fire out. LFs with Missiles seem very strong, and you can get 5 MLs for about the same price as that dread.

Sure, a ML cant take down a Land Raider, but how many AV14 vehicles do Daemons, Eldar, Tau, or Tyranids field? And the Blast marker missiles will be MUCH better against troops.

Aceshigh
10-20-2009, 11:04 AM
well seeing as how most demon powers are not considered psychic powers than it really only helps against eldar and other marines and some chaos