PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Alpha Legion Minilist: Advice Appreciated

Morgrim
10-20-2009, 07:02 AM
I've been planning on a small Alpha Legion force. Mostly because I love the fluff, the style and tactics fit me, and the fact that they have the hydra as an emblem is the final cherry on top (I love hydras, I have a hydra/reptilian theme running through my DE army already; this was before I even knew that the Alpha Legion existed). I don't think that Alpha Legion is a very... well, overtly demonic legion. I loved the fact that they sometimes conceal themselves as loyalists when it suits their purposes, so I've been trying to write up a list that works as both chaos and loyalist marines.

Advice gratefully accepted, I've never played power armour and have some rather large gaps left to be filled with wargear. I'm just not sure what. I'm looking to build out to ~700-800 points, to suit the smallish skirmishes my group usually plays. I'm a modeler, not a tournament player (learning on DE might be why I've taken the wooden spoon in the only tourni I've been in) so I'm more interested in fitting, fluffy and fun than in min-maxing. So no full mech or lash prince/plague marine combos for me.

Chaos

HQ-
Chaos Lord: 90
+ Terminator Armour: 30
= 120

ELITES-
Chosen Space Marines x5: 90
+ Icon of Chaos Glory: 10
+ Rhino: 35
+ Meltagun: 10
= 145

TROOPS-
Chaos Space Marines x10: 150
+ Aspiring Champion: 15
= 175

Chaos Space Marines x10: 150
+ Aspiring Champion: 15
= 175

Total = 615

Imperial

HQ-
Space Marine Captain: 100
+ Terminator Armour: 40
= 140

ELITES-
Sternguard Veteran: 125
+ Rhino: 35
+ Meltagun: 5
= 165

TROOPS-
Tactical Squad: 90
+ Additional Marines x4: 64
= 154

Tactical Squad: 90
+ Additional Marines x4: 64
= 154

Total = 613

I should be less pleased myself for getting both points and models within 2 of each army. <.<

Lindargo
10-20-2009, 12:11 PM
You realize the Term. HQ's cant get into those Rhino's, which means they will be left behind or deep-striking on their own?

Morgrim
10-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Ah. No, I didn't realise that.

Can they hang out with the troop squads, or do I have to think about loosing the armour/adding some terminators?