PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Daemons: Fateweaver / Nurgle

SlavesToDarkness
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
(apologies: decided to drop Fateweaver and just use what I got)

Hello All -

Got 2 games coming up this weekend. I am trying to build a list to use in both. This is based around my collection (which is nothing but Nurgle and Tzeentch except for 10 daemonettes). Any advice would help!

HQ - Kugath (300)
HQ - Lord of Change w/ Breath, Master of Sorcery (290)

Elites - 3 x Flamer (105)
Elites - 3 x Flamer (105)
Elites - 5 x Fiends of Slaanesh w/ Unholy Strength (160)

Troops - 10 x Plaguebearers w/ Icon (175)
Troops - 10 x Plaguebearers w/ Icon (175)
Troops - 10 x Horrors of Tzeentch w/ Bolt (180)

Heavy Support - Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Wings, Unholy Strength, Bolt (220)
Heavy Support - Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Gaze, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies (145)
Heavy Support - Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Gaze, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies (145)

TOTAL: 2000

SlavesToDarkness
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I edited the post above. Tried to make it more competetive and more in line with what I have. Should I break up the troop units?

Chumbalaya
10-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't bother with the LoC or Icons in general. LoC is extremely expensive for a single bolt and icons don't help on turn 1. Instead, you can pick up 2 Tzeentch Heralds in chariots for cheaper who get twice the firepower. Or just stick a Slaanesh herald on a mount in a unit of Daemonettes, or chariot.

Don't bother kitting out Tzeentch DPs for combat, they shoot.

Horrors are garbage.

Plaguebearers should be split to give you more scoring units and to pad out your waves.

If you don't have any more Fiends (shame on you), pick up Flesh Hounds or Seekers to fill the gap in your army by providing fast units with lots of attacks to force a lot of saves or destroy vehicles by papercuts.

You will have trouble with vehicles currently, adding more speedy units and dropping superfluous stuff can help a lot here.

SlavesToDarkness
10-21-2009, 06:05 PM
How about swapping out the Lord of Change for a Keeper of Secrets?

Sorry, don't own a Bloodthirster.