PDA

View Full Version : Storm Riders-1500

Craz
10-21-2009, 12:13 PM
So, I wanted to play around with a new army idea(Like I don't have enough on my current hobby plate), but I wanted to experiment with the idea of a mostly-mobile force. This is a DIY Chapter, with fluff that I'm currently writing.

HQ-
Khan on Moondrakkan
Command Squad on Bikes, Champion, Standard bearer, 2x single lightning claw

Troops:
Tactical Squad, ten man, meltagun, lascannon, fist w/ razorback(las/plas loadout), extra armor
Tactical Squad, ten man, meltagun, lascannon, fist w/ razorback(las/plas loadout), extra armor

Fast Attack:
Land Speeder w/ heavy flamer/multi-melta
Land Speeder w/ heavy flamer/multi-melta

The idea is to combat squad the meltagun and the sergeant into the razorbacks, and have the razorbacks and Khan with his command squad outflank. The lascannons and the Land Speeders, meanwhile, harass while waiting for the smaller squads to enter the board.

Chumbalaya
10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Not a fan of outflanking really, it's too random, easy to predict/counter and leaves your army that deploys easy pickings. How hard is it to knock off 15 marines and 2 Speeders?

Khan and his Biker buddies (storm shields and a THammer would help them significantly, makes Nob Bikers cry) alongside a mechanized force could work, but it needs to be consistent, reliable, and a little more power. Las/plas is too pricey in Razors, Rhinos full of MM/F marines are more flexible and cheaper. Dakka Preds and TLAC Dreads give you some long range firepower for cheap that is also multi-purpose.

wolflold
10-23-2009, 06:51 AM
10 marines and an Razorback is that legal? Because technicaly you have a 10 man squad mounted in a 6 man transport... And i would take more bikes if you gonna use the outflank special rule. You can fire weapons and launch an attack if needed.