PDA

View Full Version : Balanced/Competitive Lizardmen.

blackjack
10-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Slann, Focus of mystery, Becalming cogitation, Focused rumination, Bane Head, BSB.
Skink Priest, Level 2, Plaque of Tepok, Engine of the Gods.
Scar Vet, Light Armor, Enchanted shield, Piranha blade, Cold One.

18 Saurus Warriors w Spears, Standard.
10 Skirmish Skinks
10 Skirmish Skinks
10 Skirmish Skinks
10 Rank Skinks
10 Rank Skinks

5 Cold Ones
16 Temple Gaurd, Standard, Musician
4 Teradons

1 Slamander w Extra Handler
1 Slamander w Extra Handler

Total: 2250

jamesTFL
10-27-2009, 03:33 PM
the ranked skinks are generally a waste of points. even as flankers they will often generate as much res for your opponent as they will hurt them. ws2 t2 5+ as is mostly worthless.

I prefer my scar vet to have the flaming sword of chotec, makes your cold one night a regen hunter, and allows him to really lsice up armor ssaves, it also has the virtue of being cheape, i tend to run min ewith LA cold one Chotec and the carnasaur pendant, that way once you get him in he turns into a real meat grinder, without getting frenzy baited early.

the plaque of tepok is not a great use of points on the skink priest, he should only ever use the 3 dice he generates ( inalmost all circumstance) and that is not enough power dice to fuel 3 spells. His main job is to stay live and flick the switch on your engine, so give him the one time only 2+ ward save, stop lucky bolt thrower shots and cannon balls and statistically it makes him last through a vargulf charge.

beef up those temple gaurd and give the slann a warbanner, a few extra casualties is key, given the amount of fire they draw you want them to be able to take a few wounds and stay at maximum efficiency. With the war banner they are arguably to toughest cr 7 block around. Great against anything but black gaurd (but nothing is)

I've never had much use for bane head, nice for lore of deathing dreadlords but beyond that.... most armies know to protect their characters from magic anyway.

the foot saurus aren't bad but they are really ponderous and avoidable i'de add another character to lead your terradons but saurus support for our TG block isn't terrible either.

Cheers hope that helps.