PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Vampire Counts

Alex the Everchosen
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Ok, after having played WFB for a year and a bit, I thought I'd try writing a Vampires list. Vamps are fairly common at my FLGS, so I tried making my list...a little different... Please leave any feedback you have to offer, ;)

Lords:
Vampire Lord (Level 4 Wizard) 500pts
Magic Items:
-Sword of might
-Armour of Destiny
-Dragonhelm
-Enchanted Shield
Vampiric Powers:
-Quickblood
-Red Fury
-Dread Knight
(Makes a mess of most things in combat, but I know points could be spent more effectively; I just like him)

Heroes:

Mannfred the Acolyte 200pts
(Gives me access to spells I would normally swap out on my Lord)

Vampire (Level 1 Wizard and a BSB) 211pts
Equipment:
-Shield
-Heavy Armour
Magic Items:
-Banner of the Barrows
(Fear incarnate, screaming banner and banner of the barrows make zombies awesome)

Core:

48 Skeletons 285pts
-Spears
-Musician and Standard Bearer
-The Screaming Banner
(The Lord and the BSB go in this unit)

29 Zombies 87pts
(Bunker for Mannfred)

70 Zombies 215 points
-Musician
(Uber Tarpit)

Special:

3 Vargeists 138 points

3 Vargeists 138 points
(Flanking units)

Rare:

Terrorgeist 225 points
(stfu I want one)

TheCastigator
01-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Your list is a good start but has some holes. I think you may want to drop some zombies and take a few small units of dire wolves as redirects. I am not a huge fan of Mannfred, but he can give your magic a little bump, though you could take two necromancers for his price and give one a scroll. You are probably ok going with a level 3 lord at 2000 points and using those points to take a spirit host or other hold up units. Vargheists are great, as is the terrorgheist.

I assume that you're taking lore of vampires on everything. I would say you could take shadow on your bsb vamp and use that to debuff units fighting your skeletons. That will help avoid the massive losses you'll take being skeletons, give them the chance to actually do some damage and will force your opponents to make more difficult choices with their dispell dice. Drop the screaming banner if you end up playing higher leadership armies like dark elves or other undead armies. It is only effective against low leadership armies, and even then is not that reliable. You could give that unit the banner of eternal flame or the razor standard as an alternative.