PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knights 2K

Pi666
10-23-2009, 01:47 AM
Hi,

I have a tournament this Sunday (not a very hard player, just go for the fun of playing with new people) and I'm going to bring this list, opinions are not welcomed, are wanted!!!!!! (just kidding)

Edited: Like the list posted was illegal (thanx eadipus) i post the new list i'll take to the tournament, I decided to change to my main army, DA.

HQ

Interrogator Chaplain, Termi Armour.

ELITE

Deathwing Squad, Lightning Claws

TROOPS

Tactical, Rhino, Flamer
Tactical, Rhino, Flamer
Tactical, Melta, Power Weapon, Missile Launcher, Razorback
Tactical, Melta, Power Weapon, Missile Launcher, Razorback
Tactical, Plasma gun, Drop Pod

HEAVY

2 Vindicators
Land Raider Crusader

eadipus
10-23-2009, 03:24 AM
unfortunately your list isn't legal, you can't take rhinos for GK squads

and purgation squads (the heavy ones) are incredibly expensive for what they do and can't capture objectives

you also have no anti tank apart from the LRC multi melta

storm troopers with melta guns can go in rhinos which would probably be a good idea, if not melta bombs on justicars could work at a push

Pi666
10-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Woooops! That's what happens when you're used to play SM...

(BTW, kinda stupid you can't have transportation for GK's...)

For Anti Tank I tought killing them in Close Combat...

Unholy_Martyr
10-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm just shooting in the dark here as I don't have a DA codex in front of me as to how many points you're playing for this tournament. (At work, give me a break) The first thing I notice is your lone tac squad that's dropping in. I wouldn't suggest it as this would entail a turkey shoot. My personal choice would be to drop the Rhinos and just drop in the other 2 tactial squads as well. (This could guarantee ownership of one objective by turn 1 as well as have a decent sized force prepared for counter-attack). In terms of your anti-tank...I wouldn't hope for the best in Assault. Especially for the mechanized armies that everyone is beginning to field, you would have once chance to take a vehicle out and if you didn't pull it off they would just shoot and scoot leaving your boys hanging. Try and incorporate some more range in your units (T/L Las on the Razorbacks for example) or guarantee that no vehicle is going to get away from you (Thunder Hammer/ Power Fists for the Deathwing). 2 Vindicators is a dream come true if you're on the defense but the way this list plans out you mave want to change out for Predators or Dreads...Increases mobility/close combat ability.

That's my 2 cents, wish the best in your endeavour.

Pi666
10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanx for your opinion Unholy Martyr. It's 2K points, and the loner pod it's because a) I only have 1 pod ans b) My pods doesn't have the Orbital Assault rule, so they don't come in play in turn one. For Anti Tank I have the melta/missile squads, and the LRC (You're probably misguided for my previous post caused it was about the first list I posted, the GK one). And in case of attacking, the Vindis are still useful, because they can be firing magnets or they can be ignored in order to shoot the "most important" rhinos and LRC and his load, btw his main function is fire magnet.

MarshalAdamar
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
I play BT and I don't use the vindicator because I end up bunched up with my opponent and I don't want a stray shell to wipe out one of my crusader squads.

I love the iron clad (Wish we would take those) I would lose the vindicator and run another Iron clad, those heavy flamers are murder!

Unholy_Martyr
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Ah, now everything makes sense! Alright, well then with that being said...I still think the Vindicators can be dangerous with the intense deviation that is possible but that is also a risk worth taking if facing Marines (which almost every other person goes for)...It depends on whichever flavor you have. To be honest it would almost make more sense to have the M/L in a Rhino so that it may fire on the move, having to dismount then fire can be life changing...Just a matter of oinion. Marshal has a good point with the Iron Clad, although if I am not mistaken DA do not get the ability to take one; but all the same, taking a dread or two as DA dreads are generally cheaper couldn't hurt and could guarantee some more kills.

MarshalAdamar
10-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Ah, now that we're on to DA that changes things.

Are the razor backs TL Las for anti tank?

And yes vindicators for a static army! Just give them some smoke to help keep them alive long enough to move into range.

I might take some raven wing for the built in teleport homer and put an assault squad in the LRC and deep strike the terminators.

Raven wing can turbo boost for their scout move! Then move and bring in the death wing! That should keep your opponent busy while you move the vindicators up.

Pi666
10-26-2009, 03:14 AM
Well tournament ended, and i reached 3rd position from 24 players (not bad for my second tournament, and not bad for the result of the first tournament ending 16th of 16... at least they gave me a lollipop...).

First thing about the tournament was: Why are you playing Dark Angels and not Space Marines? For me answer was easy. Dark Angels is my main army since 16 years ago, I'm not going to change them in order to get better rules. But I understand that in a tournament fluuf goes down the drain. This list is "only" 1875 points for space marines, 125 point to exchange for some more termis, or more tacticals i don't know. But i don't play Space Marines, I play Dark Angels. (Note: Special Characters were'nt allowed, that made almost most people smiled at me thinking i were a fool for not using Space Marines, which only gave me advanteges) Well, let's go for the important.

First Match. Seize Ground vs Space Wolves (4 objectives)

Lucky me. First match against the newest army... The impression ended when i saw his army, 3 long fang units, 4 grey hunter units (only one full strength, 2 of them in pods), 2 scout units, and a Termi Wolf Lord with 5 Termi Wolf Guards in a redeemer.

There were 3 objectives in the right half of the board, and just one in the far left. I deployed half tactical w MIssile Launcher in the far left, an the the rest in the right (i was going first) He deployed the 3 long fangs and one of grey hunters in the far left (my tactical was semi obscured by a building in the middle of the table) and the other grey hunters in the middle of the table. Nothing noticeably happened, an easy 3-0 win (just focusing on wiping out their scoring units and making a tank wall to protect my objectives)

Second Match. Capture and Hold vs Chaos Space Marines.

This was a very, very hard game. His army was 1 slaanesh daemon prince (I guess no-lash), Berserkers in a rhino, Thousand sons, 1 chaos marines in rhino, 1 vindi, 1 defiler, 1 chosen unit, 1 "tactical" chaos marine, lesser daemons and great daemon, and 2 obliterators. Draw... At the end of turn five I was holding both objectives... the roll was a damned 3 and the extra turn was crucial for him to recover his objective. Many things happened this time, remarkable things were making the chosen flee (and being not able to regroup) in turn one with one vindi shot, and for allowing way to my land raider to reach his objective i kept my termis and the chap 1/10 inch too far for assaulting the oblis... Fun and intense game.

Third Match. Annihilation vs Imperial Guard.

Another one that seemed much more than lately was. 3 Leman Russ in a squadron (FAIL!), Basilisk, 35 men guard unit, 25 man guard unit, 10 guards in a chimera, 1 sentinel, 1 command, 2 stormtroopers. He only deployed the russes, the basilisk, and the sentinel. Game turned hard in turn 2 with my LR and one vindi destroyed, one Razorback inmobilised, and rollin one to hit with mi meltas angainst one russ and the sentinel, an my pod appeared in turn five!!!! But the highlights of the game were mine, in turn two the 35-men unit came into play, i sent them to the ground with a bad vindi shoot (only killed 1 guard!), and next turn i throwed them out the table with armoured brutality (is it called that way?). Other higlight was the tactical unit (in turn five) destroyed a leman russ with bolter rapid fire from behind (thanks to the squadron rules!!! btw, i wiped the 3 russes the same way) Best unit of the match, the chappy and the termis, they killed (in close combat) one stormtroopers unit, a leman russ (!!!!!), the command and the 25 man unit (one unit every turn). 9-4, easy win.

Well that was my experience, lots of fun (and sweat!!! my god the place was hot!!!!) and meeting nice people.