PDA

View Full Version : 1750 sw

wolflold
10-23-2009, 08:25 AM
HQ
Wolf lord - thunderwolf, frost axe, storm shield, sage of beast hunter - 210

Rune priest - runic armour, runic weapon, bolt pistol, Living lightning, murderous hurricane - 120

Elites
Wolf Guards 4x - see units

Dreadnought - twin-lascannon, smoke launchers - 135

Wolf scouts - meltagun - 85
Wolf Guard - power weapon, bolt pistol

Troop
Grey hunters 9x - meltagun, power weapon - 155
Rhino - extra armour, smoke launchers - 50

Grey hunters 5x - plasmagun - 85
Razorback - twin-lascannon, smoke launchers - 75

Fast Attack
Thunder Wolves 3x - 1 armed with power fist - 175

Fenrisian Wolves 10x - theeth and claws - 80

Land Speeder - multi-melta, heavy flamer - 70

Heavy Support
Long Fangs 6x - 3x missile launchers, 2x lascannon - 170
Wolf guard - bolt pistol, close combat weapon - 18

Total - 1747

Wolf Lord joins the thunder wolves. Rune priest joins 5 man grey hunters and stay in the back claiming/shooting. Maybe im swapping the Long Fangs for a predator with lascannons, Long fangs are cool and very SW but i like a mobile AT-cannon.

Chumbalaya
10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Wolf Lord can't join units if he has wolves of his own. Just run him with the Fenrisian Wolves to give you 2 mean cavalry units.

Dread is meh, I prefer MM in a DP or 2x TLAC.

I assume you have WG in your GH units. TLLC Razor is expensive, I'd just stick them in a Rhino and join the RP there so he can fire out of it.

A Storm Shield for your TWolves would be handy.

Just go for missiles on your Fangs, keep them cheap.

You are pretty short on anti-tank, particularly AV13 and up. More MM/HF Speeders can fit these in easily, as would a DP Dread with MM or WG/GH with meltas (suicide unit, but handy). Canis might serve you better than your Lord for cheaper, allowing you an extra Fast Attack slot and buffing your doggies.

wolflold
10-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Wolf Lords CAN join units it he has fenrisian wolves of his own. they count towards wargear (p31). But i dumped them and gave my rune priest runic armour for more survivabilaty.

Or... until i found out how i can convert some cool thunderwolves i use this list.

HQ
Wolf lord - runic armour, frost axe, storm shield, sage of beast hunter - 185

Rune priest - runic weapon, bolt pistol, Living lightning, murderous hurricane - 100

Elites
Wolf Guards 3x - see units

Dreadnought - twin-lascannon, smoke launchers - 135

Dreadnought - plasma cannon, missile laucher, smoke launchers - 125

Troop

Grey hunters 5x - plasmagun - 85
Razorback - twin-lascannon, smoke launchers - 75

Blood Claws 9x - flamer, power weapon - 150
Wolf Guard - terminator armour, thunder hammer, storm shield - 63

Fast Attack
Land Speeder - multi-melta, heavy flamer - 70

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer - extra armour, multi-melta - 265

Wolf Lord joins the Blood Claws and ride in the LRR. Rune priest joins 5 man grey hunters and stay in the back claiming/shooting.

Unholy_Martyr
10-24-2009, 02:04 PM
One thing that sticks out to e is the plasma dread with the missle launcher...I think it would be more fitting to have the missle on the Lascannon Dread as both weapons are equal in range and well, the plasma is designed to mow down Terminators/ Marines.

Outside of that is the lone paper air plane (A.K.A. the Land Speeder). If you intend on using it to Deep Strike or even to be a forward element softening up armor...one is just not going to cut it. You could drop a dread and get just around 2 more land speeders, complete the trifecta and give your opponent a run for their money.

That's my $.02

Confuddled
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
1) First things first –

If you want a rock-hard melee unit led by a Wolf Lord charging out of a Land Raider, you’d probably do better to go with Grey Hunters.

Sure, you lose the extra attacks, but Grey Hunters can carry a Wolf Standard – given the choice between:

i) 36 WS3 attacks;

ii) 27 WS4 attacks that can re-roll ALL rolls of a “1” during that critical assault phase for all models in the unit (to hit, to wound, armour saves, number of attacks from models with the Mark of the Wulfen etc….).

Guess which one I’d rather take? ;)

2) If you’re going with 9-man Grey Hunter squads in Rhinos, you might as well go all-out and field 10-man packs with 2 plasma guns each.

The alternative would be to stick with 5-man squads led by Wolf Guards riding in razorbacks.

I’d call it two of each.

Also, extra armour for the Rhinos just ain’t worth it, imho – not for AV11 vehicles that are going to be advancing in company with a Land Raider!

3) Second comments about Dreadnought weapons mix – go with a dedicated anti-tank Dread with the missile launcher/lascannon hanging in the back, and a plasma cannon Dread forward.

4) The Wolf Lord is kinda redundant in this case –

a) A fully-equipped 10-strong Grey Hunter pack with a Wolf Standard led by a Wolf Guard Terminator with the Wolf Standard can tackle most opponents on the charge.

b) For the cost, you could bring along a second Grey Hunter pack with a razorback – if you’re setting up a firebase, two lascannon razorbacks is always better than one. ;)

Something like this, perhaps?

HQ
Rune Priest

Troops
Pack 1 - 5 Grey Hunters, flamer, Razorback (t/l lascannon)

Pack 2 - 5 Grey Hunters, flamer, Razorback (t/l heavy bolter)

Pack 3 – 10 Grey Hunters, 2 plasma, power weapon, Rhino

Pack 4 – 10 Grey Hunters, 2 plasma, power weapon, Rhino

Pack 5 – 10 Grey Hunters, 1 flamer, 1 melta, power weapon, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard

Fast Attack
1x Land Speeder, multi-melta, heavy flamer

1x Land Speeder, multi-melta, heavy flamer

Elites
3 Wolf Guard –
Wolf Guard 1 – no upgrades, leads Pack 1
Wolf Guard 2 – no upgrades, leads Pack 2
Wolf Guard 3 – Terminator armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, leads Pack 5

Dreadnought, lascannon, missile launcher

Dreadnought, plasma cannon, Wolftooth Necklace

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer, extra armour, smoke

1) Raider and Rhinos move up in support of each other. Extra armour is also rather redundant for an AV11 vehicle that’s going to be advancing in company with a Raider, imho.

2) Pack 1 sits back and blasts away.

Pack 2 either advances with the rest of the army OR sits back to cover Pack 1 - your call, really.

Either way, their attached Wolf Guards don’t really need any extra equipment – they’re just along for the ride so you can field the guy with the Hammer/Shield. ;)

3) Dreadnoughts do the same thing – move up in support or stand off and shoot – your call, really.