PDA

View Full Version : 1850pt Imperial Guard List

DoctorEvil
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm not a competitive tournament type player. In fact, every game I've ever played has been in my buddy's basement against him, so I usually tailor my lists to what I think he'll throw at me.

Well, the guys at the LGS keep bugging me to come and play in their events. So, I've been tinkering with a list, reading alot of other peoples list and coming up with a list that I hope will be competitive.

HQ-1 145
Company Command Squad - 4x Meltaguns, Chimera with Heavy Flamer

HQ-2 70
Company Command Squad - Vox, 3x Flamers

TROOPS-1 435
Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad - Vox, 3x Flamers
Infantry Squad-Vox,Grenade Launcher, Autocannon
Infantry Squad-Vox,Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Comissar
Infantry Squad-Vox,Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
Infantry Squad-Vox,Grenade Launcher, Lascannon
Special Weapons Squad - 3x Flamers

TROOPS-2 100
Veteran Squad - 3x Meltaguns, Shotguns

TROOPS-3 155
Veteran Squad - 3x Meltaguns, Chimera w. Heavy Flamer

TROOPS-4 155
Veteran Squad - 3x Meltaguns, Chimera w. Heavy Flamer

ELITE-1 65
Guardsman Marbo

FAST ATTACK-1 100 (Transport Troops-2 Veterans)
Valkyrie

FAST ATTACK-2 135
Hellhound w/ Smoke Launcher

FAST ATTACK-13 130 (Transport SWS)
Vendetta

HEAVY SUPPORT-1 180
Demolisher w/ Lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT-1 180
Demolisher w/ Lascannon

I'm not 100% comfortable with this list. In the end I had quite a bit of points left, so I added the 2nd HQ, the Infantry Squads with Lascannons, and Marbo. While they'll work, I'm not sure it was the best use of the points. The Commisar is in there on the off chance I get the Kill Point mission and want to combine some squads.

So, in general HQ-2 and the Infantry Squad would form a static firebase around the closest objective, while the Chimeras go after objective. Demolisher and Hellhound support as needed. Valkyrie transports Veteran Melta Squad to go after priority targets. Vendetta carries around the SWS and goes after priority targets from distance, SWS could be late game objective claimer.

Suggestions or improvements?

Chumbalaya
10-24-2009, 08:14 PM
You could just stick the PCS in the Vendetta over the SWS, same deal really.

Dropping the lascannons down to autocannons, 2nd CCS, Demo lascannons, and SWS would give you enough points for a 3rd HS choice (Medusa, Hydras, Griffons) and perhaps an allied Inquisitor to deal with pesky deep strikers.

Otherwise, it looks fine.

DoctorEvil
10-24-2009, 10:43 PM
The Hydra is very high on my "want" list. I'm just waiting for either (A) a plastic kit (B) win the lotto so I can afford the FW kit :)

To me the meger cost of the Hydra to get 2 twin-linked ACs plus the auto-targeting system, is one of the best values in the new codex.

Chaosgerbil
10-25-2009, 06:07 AM
This looks like a pretty solid foundation actually. Just tinker around and see what works best for you.

If you dump the special weapons squad and voxes, you could buy another chimera or an autocannon squad.

DoctorEvil
10-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't like the way I've got the 2nd CCS configured. 3x Flamer for BS4 Vets seems like a waste.

The main purpose of that CCS is to still back and and issue Bring it Down! orders to the Lascannon squads. So, I think stick Heavy Weapon maybe the way to go.....Probably an Autocannon. 5 points left.....I guess a Sniper Rifle would take advantage of the BS4. AC & Sniper Rifle....blah.....the other alternative is to use the 15 points on a Regimental Standard.