PDA

View Full Version : Some high elf help please.

spaceman91
01-27-2013, 12:47 PM
im not that new to WFB but im still trying to get myself a good list so i have nothing else to blame but myself.
so this is what i am running at the mo:

heroes:

mage/lv 2/guardian phoenix/dispell scroll
mage/lv 2/tali of protection/silver wand

core:

30x lothern sea guard/shields/full com/gleaming pendent
30x spearmen/full com

special:

20x phoenix guard/full com/amulet of light( we have a lot of VC at my shop )

rare:

bolt thrower

1500pts

any help is welcome.

Chronowraith
01-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Before I make any comments, what magic lores do you run on the mages? I recommend Life and Shadow (if you stick with 2 mages as opposed to my suggestion below)

I've never been a fan of Seaguard but I'm willing to state this is a personal preference. I just hate having all the eggs in a single basket. Again, my preference. They perform adequately for their points.

Personally, I'd drop a few spearmen and/or seaguard and pick up at least a single great eagle for placement drop, redirection, and warmachine hunting.

The mages seem to be awfully weighed down with magic items and personally, I would go with a single level 4 instead of 2 level 2s. You usually save a few points doing this.

I would drop the magic items on unit champions. A one wound model that can easily be killed via a challenge is usually not a good place to spend points.

Now, I will caveat all of my statements above. I don't play high elves. These are my opinions on having played against high elves many times over the years and seeing what does and doesn't work.

Wildeybeast
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Eagles are must. At least one, two is perfectly reasonable. They are a pain in the arse for any opponent to deal with.