PDA

View Full Version : WOR Turrney

Majorcrash
10-25-2009, 11:01 PM
This last saturdayI partisipated in a WOR tournament held at the Copperwood GW, here in Houston. 3 games, we had six players show. Which I thought wasnt bad all things considered. I came with a Mordor army, consisting of 4 co formation of Morranon orcs full command+ cpt and Dark marshal, Black guard 3 co full cmd + cpt and gothmog. 3 co ofg warg riders, no cmd+ cpt and khamul, 3 co of easterling archers and the betrayer, mumak, 2 siege bows. My first game was against a forgotten realms, due to some bad placement on my part, my wargs were run down by cataphrachs and morgul knights. From there it went from bad to worse. Losing the game without either the mumak or the blackguard seeing action.
The second game was the complete opposite, I was against a haradrim army including a mumak. My siege bow tore up a 6 co formation of archers and then those same archers were charge by my mumak. My moranan orcs wiped out suldan and 3 co of serpent riders with almost no losses and the easterling archers turn a mordor troll in to a pin cushion with the help of the betrayer. Again my warg riders didnt do anything more than get chopped apart.
The third game was the closest. This time I was up against a woodelf army, that included glorfindel, haldier and his special unit, an ent, an eagle, a very large formation of woodelves and thranduil. Plus another hero i cant remember, and 3 co of galadrim knights. I knew the ent was hiding in the woods in the center of the table so i pushed both my infantry unit thru the wood to flush him out. The easterling archers and the siege bow played havoc on the galadrim knights and a smaller unit of galadrim warriors. the woodelves with thranduil and the other hero manages to wipe out the mumak in just three turns. I did manage to put two wounds on glorfindel, nearly killed the eagle that ran away and never came out again. The ent died to mass black darts. But the game ended in a draw. All together it was alot of fun.

Cryl
10-26-2009, 03:51 AM
Sounds good, would be interested to see what, if anything, was FAQ'd for the tournament if you've got that info?

Majorcrash
10-27-2009, 08:14 AM
sorry nothing was faq'ed. I was a standard tourney. Although the the first WOR i've played in not the first by any strech for GW's other games systems. My only complaint and it not much of one, was that the point values were set to low. I really would have like to played at the 2000pnt setting rather than 1500. Otherwise I had a great time. By the way I didnt list who one I dont think.
High elves 1st
Isenguard / Dwarves and Army of the dead 2nd (was a tie)
Mordor (me) 3rd
Easterlings 4th
Haradrim 5th