PDA

View Full Version : Arjac as IC

MightyOrang
10-27-2009, 04:39 AM
You buy him as an upgrade to a squad of Wolfguard -- and then assign out all the others. He's left as 'the squad' or with some WG to support ...

Cryl
10-27-2009, 04:49 AM
He doesn't become an IC because he's the only model left in the unit... you can assign him to a squad like any WG but he can't unit hop like an IC can. Assuming that's your question :)

MarshalAdamar
10-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Cryl is correct unless Arjac has the "Independent character" special rule. You can assign him to any squad that you could assign a wolf guard pack leader to but then he's stuck like chuck. Only IC's can move from unit to unit.

wolflold
11-18-2009, 04:56 AM
But how many points is Arjac? 170 or 188? Because you upgrade an WG to Arjac so 18 for WG +170 for Arjac. Or is it WG unit + Arjac?

Cruor Vault
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't understand this obsession Wolf players have with Arjac. I mean almost 200pts for a two wound model? Even in Terminator armor thats just way too expensive!

He's like Lysander light!

6% Fewer Points

50% Fewer Wounds

Same Great Taste!

Ordo
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
but arjac has a ranged attack. and has the special rules. besides the idea of throwing a thunder hammer as a ranged attack makes it worth it. and i thought his stat line was good

Earthen
11-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Cruor Vault, the reason people like arjac so much is that unlike an IC, he cannot be independently targeted. in many in game cases he will be standing long after Lysander falls.

Cruor Vault
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Cruor Vault, the reason people like arjac so much is that unlike an IC, he cannot be independently targeted. in many in game cases he will be standing long after Lysander falls.

I see that, it still doesn't make sense to me.

Sure he's got that nifty Hammer throw (I'm not going into the JoWW Debate), and the protection of a squad. But are those two things really as good as having twice the # of Wounds?

Most Characters don't want to be targeted because they lack eternal warrior, both Lysander and Arjac have that. Additionally, when you actually take into account the # of models that would be able to throw their attacks at Lysander when he is supported by a Terminator Squad its not as many as you think, even with only 5 companions.

To summarize, I think you get more out of a 4 wound IC with EW than a 2 Wound Sergeant with EW, even though the IC can be targeted independently.

Duke
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Im going to have to agree with CV...

Wounds = Money in the bank.

I see what people are talking about being that he isn't a IC. The simple fact is that he is way too expenisve! If he were cheaper then I could see the argument being stronger. Lysander is only a few points more, so unless your hard core Wolves Lysnader is better.

However, if your trying to do something nifty like JOTWW and Arjac then you could make the argument... But short of that he is just too expensive compared to Lysander.

All that said, as far as the OP goes Im in agreement that he cannot hop squads...

Duke