PDA

View Full Version : Godslayer: Rise of Legends Kickstart

Blkdymnd
02-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Just a word on a great looking Kickstarter now that it's at about the halfway point. Cool skirmish game, to me the QuickStart rules have kind of an old Confrontation/Warmachine feel to them. Looking forward to the future of this one. Here's the link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1948302892/godslayer-rise-of-legends

And their website is probably one of the most content friendly ones I've seen. The faction models section even have the future concepts with basic stats.
http://www.megalith-games.com/eng_index.php?id=&pid1=P1_1&pid2=S1_3

Enjoy!

Blkdymnd
02-09-2013, 10:28 AM
And a new pledge level add on of $71, gives you an unreleased warlord and 2 full units. Normally about $120 retail, so a pretty sweet deal.

Lochlannon
02-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I have jujmped on board with this one as well. I like the game playng, the way commanders can doll out command points and can actually have an active affect on the battle. The factions seem to be varying degrees of historical and fantasy mixed. I especially like the Wyldmen with the celtic, and old world feel. Plus with the subfactions options you have alot more choices per faction so you can change the way these factions play before every game. Easy way to mix it up plus the cost buy in at this level is well worth it.

MegalithGamesDavid
02-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Godslayer is set in a mythical world based on classical and ancient Mediterranean and Asian cultures. We naturally draw a lot from history and mythology of Greece, Rome, Persia ancient Celts and ancient Germans. The world itself is a dark and exotic world of sword and sorcery in an age of bronze and blood.
I am listing here a short fluff plus general description of each faction and sub-faction, plus a code signifying their particular style of play:
OFFMEL - Offensive melee DEFMEL - Defensive melee
TANK – Heavy and slow HORDE - Horde
ELITE – Elite melee SHOOTY – Missile heavy
MAG - Magicy VM - Versatile mix
MON - Monster LG - Light Guerilla

Banebrood – An evil faction controlled by the cosmic force of Destruction. All Banebrood are cursed with an innate subconscious link to the force of feral fury known as the Urghast. Ripples in the Urghast stir the Banebrood to crazed brutality, heralded by the dissonant thunder of bestial howls which echo down through the valleys like the overture to a symphony of slaughter.
These fiends are hell-bent on destroying all of civilization. Fast and furious, they are also carriers of foul diseases. Unmatched in speed and hitting power, the Banebrood are a horror to behold on the tabletop battlefields.
Beastspawn – Beastmen with many different forms, like buffalo-head, stag-head etc. (OFFMEL!)
Reavers – Barbarian cannibal, mutants based on ancient Germanic tribes (HORDE, VM)
http://www.megalith-games.com/images/content/Godslayer_Factions_TitleImageLarge_Banebrood.jpg

Halodynes – An old culture inspired by ancient Greeks, worshipping the gods of Mortals. The Halodynes represent a grand and noble civilization sliding gradually into a decline. This proud and sophisticated culture of city-states and temple-cults re-civilized three continents,
Their pantheistic worship is so intrinsic to the culture that Halodyne society could be likened to the weave of cloth; for through the political might of the secular city-states is woven the religious power of the twelve temple-cults. The Halodynes believe themselves a superior, noble race chosen by the gods to lead mankind.
The phalanxes of the Halodynes have held the darkness at bay for thousands of years; but now with their very existence threatened, a new generation of shining heroes has stepped forth to restore civilization in a dark and brutal world of barbarism.
City-States: Historical Greek style armies with Hoplites and mythological themes (VM, DEFMEL)
Temple-Cults: Temple Warriors, Priestesses, Oracles, Cerberos, Animated Statues etc (ELITES, VM, OFFMEL)
Amazons: Cavalry sub-faction based on mythical Amazons and historical Scythians (LG, SHOOTY)
http://www.megalith-games.com/images/content/Godslayer_Factions_TitleImageLarge_Halodynes.jpg

Mortan Empire – a dark, powerful empire based on Ancient Romans –they reject the gods and embraced ancestor worship. Gripping the lands of Ghorn in its cold, gauntleted fist, the Mortan Empire is the mightiest nation on the continent, having assimilated dozens of conquered realms. This expansionist, human culture is at once magnificent and morbid, enlightened and superstitious, with the glory of its accomplishments eclipsed only by the malevolence of its methods. The winged-skull emblem of the empire - the Calva Alata - is said to symbolize mortal transcendence of death through necromancy, but it also rather personifies the image of Mortan culture - macabre imperialism.
The empire's sinister use of assassination, alchemical weapons, necromancy and overwhelming military might certainly undermines its image as compassionate philanthropist (which it claims to be), but the truth is probably that the Mortan Empire is neither a paragon of goodness nor irredeemably evil, but rather a multi-faceted, sprawling edifice of amoral decadence defying, black-and-white classifications.
Supporting the steel clad cohorts are auxiliaries in the form of necromancers, undead and alchemists equipped with acid, fire and poison.
Legions: Legionnaires, Praetorians, etc inspired by imperial Roman legions (DEFMEL, TANK)
Technostratum: War-machines, Alchemists and units with fire, acid, gas, smoke, and Naphtha weapons. (SHOOTY)
Magistratum: Necromancers, undead legions, undead monsters (MAG, DEFMEL)

Nordgaard – An ancient Viking-style culture of Humans and Dwarves united by worship of the ancient gods of the earth element. Steel and stone, flesh and bone, where the earth still speaks and the mountains reach from the fjords to the very sky; Nordgaard is a realm steeped in myth, a land which the Jotuns once called their own. Dwarf and Mortal now share this land with a culture fused as one, for common threat was the fire which forged this union in ancient days of yore. The Eternal Kingdom the nation is named, for Nordgaard stands as the oldest realm among the lands of Ghorn.
Ancient beyond reckoning, the peoples of Nordgaard represent a hybrid melding of Earth-god worshipper cultures, based upon the two divine brothers. Few can match the daring, ferocity and ruthlessness of the Northlanders.
Clans: Viking style Dwarves and allied giants (DEFMEL, HORDE)
Guilds: Elite units of Dwarves, such as scouts, warrior brotherhoods rune-warriors etc. (ELITE, DEFMEL, SHOOTY)
Skannfyrd: Viking style humans and Ogres, Valkyries and Berzerkers (OFFMEL, HORDE)

Troglodytes – Creatures of Elemental Shadow, based on Mongolian style. Shadow is guardian of the cosmic scales, lying between and beyond the four cardinal elements of Earth, Fire, Ice and Air. It is diametrically opposed to none of them, yet feared by all of them.
Of all the elements, Shadow is regarded as the greatest and its children the mightiest, being as they are almost immune to the powers of the other four planes. Troglodytes are consequently ubiquitous, able to survive in all climates
The Troglodytes maintain elemental balance by punishing the other elemental races with their crashing armies of feudal warriors, and by constantly culling the cultures of mankind. It is a grim task, but the Troglodytes are grim people ideally suited to violence on the grandest scale. Armed with crashing weapons and equipped with armor of iron, the troglodytes march forth.
Trolloth: Brutal but intelligent Trolls wearing heavy armor and living in feudal warrior society (OFFMEL, DEFMEL)
Shadow Trolls: ethereal Trolls with magic (MAG, VM)
Gnolls: Goblin-style culture with horde warbands of cheap troops (HORDE!!, LG)

Wyldfolk – A culture of nature-worshippers loosely based on Celtic cultures. The Wyldfolk live in harmony with nature, taming its ferocious beasts for allies and building their communities in treacherous wilderness. Dressed in colorful clan tartans, and marching to the rousing tones of bagpipes, Wyldfolk are distinctive even from a distance, but these are just the warriors they mean to be seen; for preceding the armies like a shadow are countless scouts, rangers and hunters camouflaged in natural colors, as invisible as the wind. The men adorn their bodies with intricate tattoos, and on the eve of battle, apply war-paint of woad in solemn ritual. All Wyldfolk share a fierce and deep-rooted mindset of independence.
The Wyldfolk are expert in hit-and-run guerrilla warfare, but also excel in close combat due to their wild nature.
Tribal: Warriors, bards, druids and elite Cromlech guard. (OFFMEL, LG)
Fiannor: Nomadic Wyldfolk mostly cavalry, scouts and archer models (SHOOTY)
Tuathan: Extreme nature worshippers who have dedicated the souls to the circle of life (VM)

Eltranne
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm leaning more towards the Nordgaard because I like dwarfs. I. Also excited about the fact that their one character is a brewer that hands out beer to empower the troops. My next favorite faction would probably be the Bane Brood. Unleashing diseases onto your opponents just sounds like a world of fun.

I agree about the warlords being cool in that they can hand out activation tokens and buff the troops. I also like that you can use your tokens for moving, attacking, buffing and reacting. Much more interesting than move + shoot style.

I can't wait to get my hands on the rule book box, I love reading fluff and the fact there's a whole fluff book is freaking awesome!

Blkdymnd
02-16-2013, 05:47 PM
This is just about funded, if you're on the fence, nows a good time to jump on!

Chronowraith
02-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Still going to wait a few more days I think, but I'm pretty certain I will pledge for this. Now I just have to decide if I want the Halodynes or the Mortans.