PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Pts Iron Lords

Skreining
10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
After seeing the colour scheme in the codex and the megaforce being released soon I decided to put a list together.

Captain
Artificer Armour
Relic Blade
Storm Shield
Jump Pack 185

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon
Drop Pod 150

10 Tactical Marines
Power Fist
Melta Gun
Missile Launcher
Rhino
Extra Armour 250

10 Tactical Marines
Power Fist
Melta Gun
Missile Launcher
Rhino
Extra Armour 250

5 Scouts
Combat Blades
Power Weapon
Melta Bombs
Camo Cloaks 105

Land Speeder Storm
Multi-Melta 65

10 Assault Marines
Power Fist
Melta Bombs 220

3 Land Speeder Typhoons 270

Let me know what you think Gentlemen. (and Ladies. Possibly. Ah who am I kidding)

Atrotos
10-27-2009, 11:48 PM
I think this list looks great.

Nitpicking: Dreads like Extra Armor because you can still assault even if you're stunned/shaken. As someone who played for a long time with a six Dread list I can tell you the safest place for a Dread is in CC with a unit that can't hurt it.

Also the Land Speeder Storm has BS 3 so Multi-melta is not efficient. Heavy Flamer is better - torch the target squad then assault it with the scouts and the BS 3 won't matter.

Camo cloaks are a weird upgrade for CC scouts...

mercer
10-28-2009, 05:24 AM
I would drop the scouts and the speeder storm to get another assault marine squad. You have two threats then and not one target. Marines on jump packs in the open won't last long. Two units are better than one. Plus, those scouts seem odd.

I would add multimeltas onto the land speeders for cheap tank busting.

Confuddled
10-28-2009, 06:40 AM
1) Typhoons are fine as is.

Sticking a multi-melta on a Typhoon is all well and good if you're running them solo, but when you've got a squadron of 3, you want to stand off as much as possible!

Coming into melta range just gives the other guy a chance to hammer the entire squadron into scrap with a single above-average volley.

Might give up the third Typhoon, though.
a) 4 krak missiles is plenty if you're gunning for transports, small combat squads and the like, and pretty decent for harder targets.
b) Also makes them LESS of a target - 270 points is a LOT to invest in 3 AV10 vehicles! (The single most expensive unit in the list, no less!)
c) Points freed up make the rest of the list that much stronger.

2) Agree that the Storm is a bit off...its a very heavy investment for the off chance of taking down a tank.

3) By all means, keep the Scouts, though I'd probably go for a squad with sniper rifles. A third 5-man scoring unit in an objective mission isn't a bad thing. And in a pinch, you could outflank 'em, depending on the opposition.

4) Points and fast attack slot freed up by the Storm would go nicely towards:
a) A pair of multi-melta attack bikes - these are the guys you'd use to go after the really heavy armour. Ability to engage in combat ain't bad either.

b) Upgrading the Dreadnought to an Ironclad. Yes, yes, I know you probably want to use the Dreadnought in the Space Marine battleforce, but AV13, 2 close-combat weapons and extra armour make the Ironclad the Dread for a drop pod deployment.

Chumbalaya
10-28-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm not a big fan of Assault Marines, they are too easy to bring down and don't hit hard enough. They're decent as a counter-assault element, but on the offensive they don't stack up, especially if it's just one unit.

Extra Armor goes on Dreadies, not Rhinos. Multi-melta would help you bust up heavy armor.

Multi-melta > Missile Launcher for the Tactical Squad.

LSS and 5 Scouties is ultimately pointless, they're too few to do any appreciable damage. Shooty scouts camping on an objective would be better.

Why not use that Predator? Autocannon and Heavy Bolters is one of the best buys in the Codex.

Needs more assaulty punch (Biker Command Squad is awesome for this) and some extra armor busters (dakka Preds and Typhoons nail light armor, melta go after heavier stuff).

I forget what exactly comes with the Megaforce, but adding in a RW Battleforce (another Speeder, 6 Bikes, 1 Attack Bike, loads of neat bitz), Predator, Rhino, and Pod should set you up nicely.