PDA

View Full Version : [Kickstarter] The Michael T. Desing's Army Ants War Effort

Michael Desing
02-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I've launched a Kickstarter to support my tabletop RPG and comics series (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1706035146/the-michael-t-desings-army-ants-war-effort), Michael T. Desing's Army Ants. In addition to the games and comics, you can pick up t-shirts, lunch boxes, original art and other swag. Stop by and check it out.

The campaign is on now through March 9.

Michael Desing
02-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Big news from the front lines of the MTDAA War Effort...

All-time great RPG artist Jeff Dee has agreed to create a new full-color cover for the Michael T. Desing’s Army Ants Legacy Edition RPG. Old School Fans (including me) rejoice! Jeff’s art created a sense for me of what RPGs should look like, and to have his art gracing the cover of my ultimate RPG rulebook is simply beyond awesome. However, the coolness doesn’t stop there. I’ve also adjusted the stretch goals to accommodate this great news.

At $7500, all backers at $50 or more will get a limited edition print of the new Jeff Dee art, printed in full color at 11”x14” on glossy stock.

At $10,000, we go totally crazy. One random backer at $50 or more will get THE ORIGINAL ART that Jeff created. That’s right. I am loathe to give it away, but if the community gives me this much support, I will absolutely do it.

If we hit this stretch goal, I will also re-publish both the 2nd and 3rd editions of the MTDAA RPG as FREE downloads, and I will publish conversions as appendices to the new game that will allow you to adapt material from this edition to either 2E or 3E. This way, you’ll be able to use the dice pool systems of 2E or 3E (each with a different approach to dice pools) or the progressive die system of the Legacy Edition.

In addition, the next few backers at $50+ still get a free print copy of the 2nd edition of the MTDAA RPG (1st printing from 1998) that I discovered in the ‘army ant vaults’ last week. I still have a few left that haven’t been claimed…

The MTDAA war effort continues through March 9th! Pledge today.

Michael Desing
03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
I just wanted to give this a bump to let peeps know that one week remains in the campaign. We've just crossed the $3K stretch goal line, and we keep marching on towards the $5K goal. Thanks to everyone who has pitched in to the effort so far!

Michael Desing
03-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I've upgraded the stretch goals on the MTDAA Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1706035146/the-michael-t-desings-army-ants-war-effort). With 3 days to go, I'm feeling good about that 5K reward, and I moved that 10K reward to 7K...

$5,000 (LOCKED) – Holy Snot! The comic now pushes over 450 pages with the original covers from the comic series reprinted as well. The game hits 200+ pages, as I include more art, more adventures, and more thorough profiles of the various allied and enemy forces the ants may face. In addition to all previous stretch goal rewards, all backers at $50+ will receive a 12"x18" glossy map of the Back Yard campaign setting. Also, the ants will march on. I will launch a MTDAA webcomic (with weekly updates) and a free MTDAA newsletter (with bi-weekly updates). Both will launch in June, 2013.
$7,000 (LOCKED) - we go totally crazy. One random backer at $50 or more will get THE ORIGINAL ART that Jeff Dee created. That’s right. I am loathe to give it away, but if the community gives me this much support, I will absolutely do it. If we hit this stretch goal, I will also re-publish both the 2nd and 3rd editions of the MTDAA RPG as FREE downloads, and I will publish conversions as appendices to the new game that will allow you to adapt material from this edition to either 2E or 3E. This way, you’ll be able to use the dice pool systems of 2E or 3E (each with a different approach to dice pools) or the progressive die system of the newest Legacy Edition.