PDA

View Full Version : What's your fave faction and how many do you own? (or plan to!)

Levitas
02-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Pretty easy! Fave faction and how many do you own?

I started with Nomads as I liked the look of their minis. Turns out I really liked their fluff and play style too. I love their trickery.:p I have about 500pts worth, possibly more.

After that I wanted to try a Sectorial so I could get the hang of link team rules. I chose the Japanese Sectorial as I like their atheistic, and the aggressive play style would be a fun change of pace. Ninjas, bikes, and samurai.

Next up is possibly the brand new Tohaa. I like what I see so far, but they need more models.

So what about you guys?

Chronowraith
02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
I started off with Yu Jing as I'm a big Japanese/Chinese culture fan (and the ninja models are too cool). After a game or two I really liked the aesthetic and apparent playstyle of Nomads so I started a small force and LOVED them. I collected a small army for awhile and then I decided I wanted to break into Haqqislam as I grew tired of facing Hassassin Fidays so I decided to get my own! Next I'm planning on working on either Aleph or Tohaa, but not until all of my other Infinity stuff is painted.

So to break things down;

Nomads (Favorite) ~400 points
Yu Jing ~150 points
Haqqislam ~250 points

ChacoStylez
02-15-2013, 09:38 PM
300 points of ALEPH, elite Myrmidon list. I love the Greek mythology aesthetic of the faction...and Achilles is frakin' B.A. I like how they are coming out with more Myrmidon officers based on Greek heroes!

I think I'd want to take a complete 180 and get Ariadna, go from hi tech to no tech, a lot doesn't affect them because of it, take that Nomads and Combined Army!

Certs
02-16-2013, 05:05 AM
Started with PanO, loved the models and seemed an easy in for starting out and learning the rules with my friend. Eventually traded over to just Neoterrans as it turned out I loved models from that sectorial most of all.

Expanded to Nomads after getting a good grasp of the game, loved the scope of their tricks availables, in addition to the models of course.
Eventually expanded over to Haqqislam and Ariadna as well mostly for the models but also because I found lists that fit my playstyle which had developed from playing Nomads.

I'm fairly content with those factions so now I'm just building within that towards their sectorials. Added Hassassin Bahram and Military Orders recently, but have yet to play them. Now, I'm just waiting for Briscards, Wildcats, Scot Guard, Kaplans, and new Moiras so I can get into their respective sectorials too.

chromedog
02-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Favourite faction: PanO. I have 37 models for it (only 2 tags). I don't know how many points, because I've never used them all in one go.
Last time I checked it was over 800pts. I've got a few more since then.

Darkeldar
03-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Being one of the old guard, I think i'm nearing 3000 pionts in just Yu Jing. It has been a while since I took inventory. This I think is from the spring of '09.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/Darkeldar/YJ1756.jpg

Just did an inventory of stuff I have and I've got over 3100 points, and I still have to get the CG Hacker and the Bao.

XNtr3k
03-27-2013, 11:19 AM
I just got into Infinity, and I've not even played a game yet, but I made sure to pick up two factions so that I could have enough for someone else to play with me.
That said, I also went a little silly, and started building armies with nothing but female models where possible.
Maybe I overdid it for a start, but I have a nice pile of Nomads and a enough Ariadna for some smaller games.
Now the weather just needs to warm up enough for me to take them outside to primer them and I can get started on painting!

I'm also really liking the models to the point I'm so very tempted to pick up more. I'm staring at Haqqislam, Combined Army, and ALEPH as possible next choices.

kbdrand
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I started with PanO Military Order Sectorial, as I like the whole Knights Templar/Holy Warrior kind of vibe. I have enjoyed collecting them but I wanted to get a second faction so I could demo the game to some friends so I picked JSA as I love the Ninja/Samurai theme.

fealhach
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Nomads then Ariadna for some target practice! Although after getting the Merovingians they totally grew on me and I'll probably start expanding into Kazaks, etc. So far 300 Nomads and 130 Ariadna (just waiting for my second Para Commando to arrive to finish the 150).

Aleph, Haqqislam and Tohaa look amazing and it's taking no small amount of willpower from starting all three. Building terrain helps!