PDA

View Full Version : WoC Mono Tzeentch 2500pts

The Madman
02-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Trying to get back into fantasy with the new warriors of chaos book, so here is my list for my Tzeentch army.

1 Sorcerer Lord - Lvl 4 wizard, Mark of Tzeentch Third Eye of Tzeentch, enchanted shield, talisman of preservation, Chaos Familiar and Disc of Tzeentch. 400pts

1 Exalted Champion (Battle Standard Bearer) - Mark of Tzeentch, Ironcurse Icon, Shield, Talisman of Protection, Hideous Visage. 173pts

Warriors - 28 + command, Mark of Tzeentch, Hand weapons, Halberds and shields. 590pts

Marauders - 40 + command, Mark of Tzeentch, Hand weapons and shields. 390pts

Marauders - 40 + command, Mark of Tzeentch, Hand weapons and shields. 390pts

Warshrine - Mark of Tzeentch. 135pts

Hellcannon - 210pts

Hellcannon - 210pts

TOTAL 2498pts

Chronowraith
02-19-2013, 04:54 PM
A few suggestions...

Mark of Tzeentch - While I understand that you want an army devoted to the best chaos god out there, I would scale back the mark in your specific army. For starters, if it doesn't have a hand weapon and shield, just leave the unit unmarked (and consider that while they are devoted to Tzeentch they just haven't been marked with his favor yet, or possibly had his favor revoked for some perceived slight). Arguably the Marauders don't really need it either, but at least on them you get a 5+ parry out of the deal. Personally, if it were one unit of marauders I could see MoT to make a pretty rock-hard steadfast anvil to hold up units and chew them down, but two is overkill and doesn't serve much purpose than to eat points up.

Hellcannon - Really? Two? I'm uncertain how these fit a Tzeentch theme (I would have figured the mutalith would be more tzeentch-like).

Unit sizes - For Warriors of Chaos I like to suggest players don't go over 20 models in a unit. Warriors don't need steadfast because they shouldn't be losing many fights. For Marauders I wouldn't go over a single unit of 40 in an army. With the point bump they saw in their current book they are really an inefficient horde block and actually pretty expensive when you start throwing in unit upgrades and Marks.

Unit drops - Chaos will almost always be outnumbered, except possibly against high elves and even then, it's at even odds. Nonetheless, your army suffers a severe drawback based on simple placement drops. You have 6 drops total (7 with characters) at 2500 points. That means almost every other army out there will be deploying the majority of their army, and often their most important units, long after you have deployed your entire force. Suggestion? Free up points to buy some cheap warhound units. For placement drop units these should be 5 strong with the vanguard upgrade, but it points won't allow it then just run 5 naked warhounds.

Ironcurse Icon - I know it's dirt cheap so my questions here are simple, did you just have the spare points left over and decided they needed to be spent? Do you face a lot of warmachine sin your local area? If both of those are "no" then get rid of it. I'd rather see you dig up an extra 3 points for a banner of eternal flame as the ironcurse icon is relatively superfluous.

Disc of Tzeentch - I'm not a fan of generals floating around on their own as some spells can bypass both armor and ward saves, but as long as you are comfortable with that then by all means. At least the Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord takes a beating to kill. Just know that he's a prime target on his own. Beware Doomwheels.

Considerations - I suggest looking into the Warhounds I mentioned above, potentially add another block of Chaos Warriors, take a peek at Chariots as the Chaos ones are fantastic for their point value (and add some speed to the army), I could see a chimera here as well. For fluff reasons only take a peek at the mutalith vortex beast.