PDA

View Full Version : Your 40k universe

dagonis
10-28-2009, 12:38 AM
One of my favorite things about my armies is that they all have histories. A back story built from previous battles and campaigns. Several characters have names and some have even seen promotion through the ranks. I have a Tac Sgt who later was given terminator armor and when he was felled by Tyranids he was placed in a Dreadnought sarcophagus.

The unfortunate side effect of developing an over arching narrative is that some fluff has a tendency to contradict established fluff of 40k. My Salamanders have a tenuous peace (near alliance) with a Farsight enclave. My daemons will occasionally lend an (unwanted) hand to Space Wolves. My IG are an amalgamation of traitors that have joined the aforementioned Farsight enclave.

-Space Marines would never suffer an Xenos relationship
-Daemons would most likely just slaughter the Space Wolves and their opponent if they could manage it
-Though many humans have joined the Tau, the Tau would never let them stay as an organized army as they are now, even lending a few firewarriors to assist them on the battle field.

I think everyone who has an interest in a 40k narrative has their own "instance" of the 40k universe where unlikely and unique things happen. What are some of yours?

Anarchyman99
11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I played a APOC game with my Nids and fighting with Orks and as the Space Marines died I started to roll LD tests for my Nid as they started to hunger for Orks.....the Tyrgon almost got really hungry...saddly no Orks got eaten. They Ork player was fine with it, but he didn't risk attacking me for fear of the Nids finding out how Orks taste.