Haradrim warband - 2 companies (bows) - 60 pts
Easternling cohort - 4 companies (captian, dragon knight) - 205pts
Easternling archer cohort - 2 companies - 70pts
Easternling archer cohort - 1 company - 35pts

Mumak - 250pts
Cave troll (allied unit) - 75pts

The tactics that I would use with this list are to put all my heros on the mumak, then let the archers support the mumak. The easternling cohort is there in case the mumak dies, so I can transfer the heros somewhere. The trolls are there to watch my flanks, protect my archers (in case of ambushers) and do pretty much any other job.
I realize I have points left over. (80 points to be exact) I wanted to put in a watcher warband (2 companies) but I'm not sure if I have enough money (2 companies is around $110). What should I do? What adjustments should I make to my list?

icecube
10-29-2009, 06:32 AM
We really need someone professional to check that can you put heroes on a mumak! Also, for eighty points take 1 archer company more to make it 2 companies( or else an single siege bow shot can kill the whole formation.). With the remaining 45 points take pikes to your easterlings or drop something to get an banner in there too.

Dark Lord
10-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Ive put heros on my mumak before, even when I was facing games workshop staff, so I think its allowed

Cryl
10-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Ive put heros on my mumak before, even when I was facing games workshop staff, so I think its allowed

With respect that doesn't make it the correct ruling. The section that talks about the 'type' for an Epic Hero only mentions Infantry and Cavalry, that doesn't mean that you can't join a hero to a monster or a flying monster but it doesn't specifically allow it either.

I don't think this is sensible for two reasons, firstly you can't have more epic heros than normal troops in a company so you would at most be allowed one hero with a monster and secondly if you can join heros to mumaks you can join them to Balrogs, Dragons, Ents, Trolls, Shelob, Sauron etc and that just doesn't feel like the intention of the rules.

Even if you're determined to put heroes on the mumak the unit size (of the mumak) isn't affected by its crew so you have a single monster, hence a max of one hero by the RAW.

I would be happy to see proof either way though, a ruling is at least that, a consistent ruling we can all work with

Dark Lord
10-30-2009, 04:29 PM
but mumaks have 13 crew members which seperates them from balrogs, dragons, ents and other such monsters. all I have to do is remove a crew member, and put the hero in their place. right?

Majorcrash
11-01-2009, 09:11 AM
nope. No where in the rules can any hero join a monster. Which is what the mumak is. You cant join chariots or ents or eagles. Hell even Glorfindel can join a cav unit as he is a monster. And using the argument that is doesnt say you cant do it.......... Well is doesnt say I cant bang you minis with a hammer when I when the fight either:eek:. The crew are there to represent casualties and diminishing ability.

LEGION
11-15-2009, 09:08 PM
The issue is not that Heroes can't join a Monster, its that Heroes must join the COMMAND COMPANY of the formation. Note that nowhere in the description of the Mumak does it say Command Company. They don't even have drivers anymore apparently. Its right there on pg.68 in the section "Fielding Epic Heroes" If the formation doesn't have a Command, heroes can't join it, end of story.

My question is why you would put 4 Epic Heroes in the Mumak in the first place? 2 good artillary shots and everything is dead in 1 round. Epic Fail if you ask me.