PDA

View Full Version : IG "Super" Armor List

SlavesToDarkness
10-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Why worry about Land Raiders when you can take one...?

This is a very unusual list - does anyone have any suggestions? Is it even worth trying?

HQ - Primaris Psyker (70)
HQ - Daemon Hunter Inquisitor w/ Terminator Armor, Power Hammer, Combi-Melta, 3 x Warrior w/ Melta, 2 x Sage, 3 x Mystic, Land Raider w/ Smoke Launchers (436)

Elites - 6 x Celestians (Sisters of Battle) w/ Superiour + Plasma Pistol, 2 x Meltagun, Immolator (183)

Troops - Veterans w/ Demolitions, 3 x Melta, Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer (185)
Troops - Veterans w/ Demolitions, 3 x Melta, Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer (185)
Troops - Veterans w/ 3 x Flamer, Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer (140)
Troops - Veterans w/ 2 x Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Chimera w/ Multilaser, Heavy Flamer (155)

Fast Attack - Hellhound (130)

Heavy Support - Medusa (135)
Heavy Support - Executioner w/ Lascannon (205)
Heavy Support - Demolisher w/ Heavy Flamer (165)

TOTAL: 1989

Just_Me
10-28-2009, 08:58 PM
As far as I know you need a Witch Hunter Inquisitor to take SoB...

SlavesToDarkness
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM
No, you don't.

Dingareth
10-28-2009, 10:56 PM
I'd rather see a Vendetta in there than a Hellhound, use the Heavy Flamers on your Chimeras as you would a Hellhound.

Chumbalaya
10-29-2009, 05:22 AM
An Inquisitor Lord isn't very killy, GKTs are.

I'd go for normal Sisters over Celestians here, they score and are quite cheap. Immos are exceptionally useful though, better than Hellhounds I say.

All you're missing is some long range punch. Vendettas and Hydras work beautifully here, as would a cheap infantry platoon.

SlavesToDarkness
10-29-2009, 12:27 PM
So do you think the whole idea of roping in a Land Raider for an IG army has merit? Or is it a waste of points?

(FYI - Can only take Immolators for Celestians.)

Lord Azaghul
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Total waste of points. You can get alot of offensive fire power in the IG for the price of LR

Chumbalaya
10-29-2009, 01:43 PM
If you've got the points, a Land Raider is a very handy add on to an IG army. Since pretty much everything in the book is so cheap, you can fit it in quite easily.

Primaris
GKBC w/ retinue in LRC
3x Vets in Chimeras
cheapo Platoon
Hydras
Demos/Medusas

The LR will be the obvious target so you can get in mean shooty units alongside it. Should be fun.

MunDMC
11-03-2009, 10:58 PM
So do you think the whole idea of roping in a Land Raider for an IG army has merit? Or is it a waste of points?

I've done a similar build, and it's worth it. Target priority becomes an issue for your opponent, as they're not used to chosing between a leman russ and, a, wait, is that a landraider? Make sure you have your latest PoTMS FAQ as i believe we daemonhunters got a benefit from it.

In regards to the celestians, i thought you needed to ally two troops before you could ally an elite.