PDA

View Full Version : Community App for Wargamers – a KR Kickstarter project

KRMulticase
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
http://www.krmulticase.com/images/KR%20Community%20App/KS%20Main%20Image%2001.jpg

The Community app details are below, take a look through and help get this great help for gamers launched - all support appreciated, and you get to be on e of the founding supporters of this great app - read on

Fed up with searching for stores? And tournaments? And not having your army list with you? Looking for a local club, or the next show in a town you are visiting? Me too, so I figured it would be good to get all that in 1 place. After many conversations with gamers, clubs, and podcasts, we have come up with the Community App that you see in the video. A single place to find all the standard info you need no matter where you are in the world, or which genre of game you play. And it will be free to use.

What will it do?
The KR Community app will maintain an up to date GLOBAL directory of Shops, Clubs, Shows and Tournaments and Podcasts, so that wherever you are you need only look in one place to find all you need for purchasing, playing or competing. You will be able to sort by name, by location or by date to find the places or events that suit you, as well as quick links to websites and directions.

The App features ArmySelector - a simple selector wheel to pick your models, rotate and tap and they will be added to your list – no typing needed! The list can be edited for title, custom text, points value, and even add pictures of your own models to it. Model detail screens show all you need to know for particular models. Uploads from csv files will also be catered for. It will be compatible with the soon to be launched “AutoFill” feature on the KR website, enabling you to use ArmySelector to take all the hard work out of creating your army lists and optimising your transport of them.

A simple traffic light system enables you to see at a glance which models are finished ready to game with, those you need to make, and even those you need to buy to finish your army or collection.

There are links to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Wargamers Consortium too, so you have easy access to all your social networks.

What do you get by supporting it’s creation?
App development is a costly process, and my aim is to provide a free app for wargamers. The way I can do this is if the Wargaming community supports us by making their next purchase of a KR Multicase via this Kickstarter Project. There are lots of levels, from single cases to suit a small army, to fantastic deals such as the “Bakers Dozen” which gets you a Kaiser2 and 11 additional cases! Think that may be too much for your collection? – then why not club together with a few friends and it will get you all the best cases for your armies. Some are from our yet to be released range of KR furniture so there is a slightly longer shipping time on them. See the rewards listed, and pick one to suit you. The funds raised will be simply split between manufacturing and shipping (where applicable) your cases, and the coding and launch of the App. And remember the App will be a free download.

Anyone who contributes to this project can have their name permanently on the App credits page as a contributor to getting the KR Community App created – you will have been there at the start!

The shipping dates are based on getting the physical cases/products out, the app will be available from June onwards. Shipping is FREE for UK and USA supporters as we can ship form our UK and our USA factories. If you are outside those locations sorry but you will have to add a shipping cost.

You can choose the trays from the current KR range to suit your army in your case, and on some levels choose the case type. We will send you a form by email to confirm the case type and trays you want after the Kickstarter ends!

How Stores, Clubs, Shows, Tournaments and Podcasts can benefit
The store, club, tournament, show and podcast rewards are a great way of getting your name in a prime spot on the app, as well as getting a good range of cases too – limited availability on those !

If you run a store, check out the “Retail Bonanza”. Not only do you get a featured position on the shop landing page, but stock to fill your shelves as well ! This reward is only available to store owners - for full details, including shipping rates, please contact KR directly before committing.

If you organise a Show, check out the “Show Off”. Not only do you get a featured position on the show landing page, but a superb set of prizes for your next show too. This reward is only available to show organisers - for full details, including shipping rates, please contact KR directly before committing.

If you run a Tournament, check out the “Tournament Tussle”. Not only do you get a featured position on the tournament landing page, but a great range of prizes for your tournament too. This reward is only available to tournament organisers - for full details, including shipping rates, please contact KR directly before committing.

If you run a Club, check out the “Club Sandwich”. Not only do you get a featured position on the club landing page, but a large range of cases to suit your club members too. This reward is only available to club organisers - for full details, including shipping rates, please contact KR directly before committing.

If you broadcast a Podcast, check out the “Cast Away”. Not only do you get a featured position on the Podcast landing page, but a great range of prizes for your next listeners too. This reward is only available to podcast hosts - for full details, including shipping rates, please contact KR directly before committing.

Stretch Goals
If the initial goal is reached we will be able to complete the iPhone version of the App. We have exciting stretch goals planned, and if we begin to meet them then the KR Community App availability will be increased to Android phones, and then Tablets too. Stretch goals and increased rewards will be posted here when needed!

And Finally:
Thanks for reading all the info, and if you can, do support us getting the app launched and use it to spend more time making, painting and playing !

Enjoy the video, it tells the story of the app and why it will be a great addition to gamers worldwide.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1665056583/free-app-for-the-miniature-wargaming-community-by

Daryl
KR Multicase

FAQ’s

There have been quite a few questions, so I thought an FAQ section would be useful to you all –

Why does Kickstarter still charge US shipping when you say it is free?
Please note that if you are located in the USA the pledge may insist that postage is added - it seems to be a quirk of the Kickstarter system which is hard to avoid as we will be shipping from both our UK and our USA facilities, rest assured that the postage cost will be refunded to you in that instance if you are USA based and if the project is successful.

What are the Stretch targets?
The stretch targets to cover additional devices are as follows:
£30,000 – Android Phones
£40,000 – Windows Phones
£50,000 – Android Tablets
£65,000 – Apple Tablets

Can I combine pledges?
You can combine pledges, just select the ones you want, we will combine them and ship them as one package.

What is the upgrade to Custom trays?
The upgrade relates to the custom trays on the KR website, and that the cases are offered with any of the other trays if the upgrade is not chosen. Reward levels with no upgrade can have any trays, including custom trays in them.

What is a WarDesk?
The WarDesk is part of the range of KR Furniture that will be launched in April. It will cover WarTables, WarDesks, and shelving – bespoke designs to suit the KR system. The WarDesk itself is a hobby desk which as well as being able to hold your KR cases and be a modelling desk, it will transform into a 4 x 4 foot gaming table. That combined with the KR Scenery range will mean that you can keep your scenery tiles and terrain pieces well protected when not in use, or indeed if you take them to your club or any other venue.

Can I suggest Additional Features to be added!
Yes please do! The app is for the community, the better it functions the more you will get out of it. Already one backer has suggested that we should add a feature to the Army Lists options for a “Battle Tracker”. It will enable you to keep a record of date, points size, factions, scenarios, results, and additional notes. It will be able to be exported to a csv file to allow data to be analysed in excel or similar. That will now be in there!

ElectricPaladin
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
I just backed this kickstarter, and you should too. I think this app has the potential to add a lot to our community, not to mention being really useful.

OrksOrksOrks
03-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I backed it too, shame about KRs terribly dated look, but it would be a useful tool.

Unfortunetly, this looks like its not going to make its funding goal

ElectricPaladin
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Unfortunetly, this looks like its not going to make its funding goal

Well, then. You know what you have to do.

OrksOrksOrks
03-26-2013, 05:21 AM
Well, then. You know what you have to do.

I had already pledged! Now that its failed, I'll be giving them the money I pledged anyway by making an order, hopefully they won't give up on the idea, KR are a great company and deserve the full support of the whole hobby community, wish they could afford the marketing that Battlefoam has.

Grovel
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
I'd have jumped onto this one if i'd known about it. I trawl kickstarter on a daily basis but this one still managed to skip past... Perhaps a bit more advertising/forum advertising would have helped with that.

I'd certainly have backed.