PDA

View Full Version : New Shop in Austin, TX

jellostairway
03-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone...

First time poster here on BoLS, long time reader though. I just wanted to get the word out on a new shop that's recently opened (opened around October 2012) in South Austin called Whose Turn Is It? Games. I know a lot of the BoLS guys play at Dragon's Lair up north, but I wanted to throw this out for some of the people that may be down south and looking for a closer place to game than Dragon's Lair. We've got a group right now of 6-8 people that regularly show up to play, and we'd love to expand that even more. The shop owner just recently leased the space next door to his shop and is going to be using it exclusively for gaming space. There will be 4 dedicated Warhammer tables, with enough space to put up to 14 in the gaming area (meaning we'd actually love to run a store tournament there at some point if we can drum up interest for it).

The store owner has purchased 3 of the large Citadel Realm of Battle modular terrain tables, as well as several of the city kits, with plans for more official terrain to come. We've also built some custom terrain for the shop, also with more to come. It's a great place to play, laid back people that just like to have a good time and hang out. We've got active players for 40k, WFB, as well as Warmahordes. Even starting to get some interest in Flames of War.

Anyway, I've been waiting to try to get the word out on this place until he could support a bigger wargaming community, which he definitely can with new space next door, so come check it out!

Address is 2708 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX. Store owner's name is Patrick.

I am not affiliated with the store in any kind of official capacity, I simply like playing down there and am trying to help grow the community around it.

Thanks for reading!

Wolfshade
03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello and welcome aboard.

Though I think that this would be best suited in the Annoucements & Introductions section, not the 40k General Discussion.

:)

jellostairway
03-25-2013, 08:06 AM
My bad... is there some way I can move it or does a mod have to do it?

Wolfshade
03-25-2013, 08:22 AM
A mod will need to do it.
It'll probably be seen more in the 40k general as I thin k that is the most viewed topic anyway :)

Caitsidhe
03-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Hi everyone...

First time poster here on BoLS, long time reader though. I just wanted to get the word out on a new shop that's recently opened (opened around October 2012) in South Austin called Whose Turn Is It? Games. I know a lot of the BoLS guys play at Dragon's Lair up north, but I wanted to throw this out for some of the people that may be down south and looking for a closer place to game than Dragon's Lair. We've got a group right now of 6-8 people that regularly show up to play, and we'd love to expand that even more. The shop owner just recently leased the space next door to his shop and is going to be using it exclusively for gaming space. There will be 4 dedicated Warhammer tables, with enough space to put up to 14 in the gaming area (meaning we'd actually love to run a store tournament there at some point if we can drum up interest for it).

The store owner has purchased 3 of the large Citadel Realm of Battle modular terrain tables, as well as several of the city kits, with plans for more official terrain to come. We've also built some custom terrain for the shop, also with more to come. It's a great place to play, laid back people that just like to have a good time and hang out. We've got active players for 40k, WFB, as well as Warmahordes. Even starting to get some interest in Flames of War.

Anyway, I've been waiting to try to get the word out on this place until he could support a bigger wargaming community, which he definitely can with new space next door, so come check it out!

Address is 2708 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX. Store owner's name is Patrick.

I am not affiliated with the store in any kind of official capacity, I simply like playing down there and am trying to help grow the community around it.

Thanks for reading!

I'm quite interested in checking you guys out as South Austin is far more convenient than North Austin. I do most of my gaming in my hometown or San Antonio these days and Austin only now and then, but I'm always up for supporting an LGS if it is any good.

jellostairway
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm quite interested in checking you guys out as South Austin is far more convenient than North Austin. I do most of my gaming in my hometown or San Antonio these days and Austin only now and then, but I'm always up for supporting an LGS if it is any good.

Well, we've got a great group of guys that play. Some of them are newer players, but we have a few very experienced players as well that have armies ranging from competitive to friendly/fluffy, so you should be able to get a game in no matter your style. The store owner is very accommodating. He doesn't know a lot about wargaming, so he's basically left it up to his regulars (us) to tell him what to buy and how to best support the hobby. He carries the 40k modules from GW and is always down to order whatever you need, and he gives a flat discount of 10% off in-store purchases of $100 or more, even if it's a special order. We play every Saturday basically all day, and are considering adding another night during the week if we can get the players to be sure we get good games in, so come check us out. =)

m3g4tr0n
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
I was there not too long ago to pick up a few pots of paint, and a boardgame for the kiddos. Seemed like a pretty good spot.

The Girl
03-27-2013, 08:59 AM
My bad... is there some way I can move it or does a mod have to do it?

Done :)