PDA

View Full Version : Sovereignty of Terra Kickstarter release date 3-29-2013!!

TGEstudios
03-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Be one of the first to check it out and save with our early bird launch specials!!

Kickstarter now active! Be sure to check it!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2101718009/sovereignty-of-terra

GrauGeist
04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
While I get that these are CG renders, why are they so "flat" and "lifeless"? These no motion or dynamism in any of this. What's supposed to spark someone to back?

Yamato
04-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I agree,... You need to have better art, gameplay examples,... And for god's sake, please pose that terminator thing.

If you want this to be successful, you need to all those ducks already in a row.

Yale
04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I was tempted by the ruined buildings for a while there. But then I realised I'd never seen the inside of them, not seen them in scale to the models, and I had no idea what the terrain tiles were made of. Are they plastic, cardboard, or that awful 'playmat' material they use for cheap Thomas the Tank Engine play sets for 3 year olds?
And it isn't like kickstarter supporters would be getting much of a benefit for helping out. The tiny discount compared to MSRP and crazy international shipping for a product I have to take on faith? No thanks.

I agree,... You need to have better art, gameplay examples,... And for god's sake, please pose that terminator thing.
If you want this to be successful, you need to all those ducks already in a row.So true. Generic war game jargon doesn't give away a thing about gameplay. The terrible 80's quality video, spelling mistakes and purely CAD images makes the whole thing look very amateurish.
Spending a tiny amount of money on a slick video; and getting a few of the models on done 3D printing (that technology is a godsend for showing of prototypes like this cheaply); and painting the model prettily might give this a chance of success when TGE tries again.

lobster-overlord
04-08-2013, 06:24 AM
NOthing entices me about it either. With such a lofty goal and very little put forth to start, I just closed the window even before the video was finished.

Sorry, but attention capturing is a must.

GrauGeist
04-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Wow, not a single pledge in the past week.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/2101718009/sovereignty-of-terra/#chart-daily

At least they're not losing any more pledges or backers.

Yale
04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
...And funding cancelled yesterday.

GrauGeist
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
And totally deserved. No updates, boring and lifeless models. Failures of underprepared, lackluster Kickstarters like this and Gates of Anatares is a good thing and gives more confidence in the wisdom of the crowd.

eldargal
04-18-2013, 11:04 PM
It did scream 'amateur', the page even said it was a games club not even a business which isn't exactly inspiring confidence.