PDA

View Full Version : Protect your miniatures collection. 40K, Fantasy, Hordes, Warmachine, etc...

lomaxxdurang
04-02-2013, 11:52 PM
At this point I am sure all of us are aware of the fact that our hobby is very expensive. Have you ever wondered what you would do if your collection was lost, damaged, destroyed or even stolen. I realized recently that this is an aspect of our hobby that is under protected or talked about. As the owner of National Liability Managers LLC I knew I could research what would be the best options to protect my collection and learned I could protect them effectively through one of the companies my agency is appointed with. Now I want to extend that option to you.
Benefits to insuring your collection through my agency include:

Coverage for collections up to $1,000,000
Full collectible value
Low deductible options
No appraisal required at application
A.M. Best "A" rated admitted carrier
Nationwide availability (I am licensed in every state except NJ, HI, AK, MA, & VT if you are in one of these states feel free to
contact me and I can help you find a licensed agent for your state).

Feel free to contact me about this great option to protect your collection by calling 405-757-4432, emailing me at [email protected] or at my website www.nlmus.com.

Thank you for your time today and I will be happy to help.

lomaxxdurang
05-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Greetings.
First of all I want you to know this isn't a bot or scheme or anything else weird. My name is Joseph Yost and I am a licensed insurance agent for property and casualty insurance (my resident license is held in Oklahoma as is my agency, but I do have nonresident P&C licenses in most states as well).I own my independent insurance agency National Liability Managers LLC (www.nlmus.com)
Now the real meat of what I am talking about.
Many of us have rather large collections. I know most of you are like... um really and I thought having a full Titan Legion was normal in 40k. Between my wife and I we have about 20k in IG, 10k in orks, 3-4k in Eldar and around 8-9k in CSM. So some of you are now questioning, "Why I am even calling that a collection." :) The fact is whether were talking about 10k worth of IG or 100k worth of IG its still quite a bit of money to replace them.

Recently I really thought about just what I had invested in 40k and I realized that it’s a lot of money. So being an insurance agent I decided to look into what I needed to cover my investment and the costs and coverage involved to do so.

So I ran into a couple of methods to insure my collection:
1. Through my homeowners insurance (or renters same difference really in this case) I could schedule my collection as fine art and insure it that way.
2. Have a separate inland marine policy cover my collection.

What’s the difference? I'll break it down into pros and cons.
1. Your homeowners insurance
Pros:
It can sometimes be cheaper to go through the homeowners for combined policy discounts.
It can be easier to do everything through one carrier.
It covers the collection for loss for any reason anywhere unless noted specifically in the policy.
Cons:
Some insurers won't want you to play with your toys anymore or will not allow coverage.
Many insurers don't like when you take them out of the house.
It can sometimes be more expensive dependent on the carrier to carry this on your policy instead of placing it separately with another carrier;

2. A separate inland marine policy
Pros
It tends to be cheap.
They usually don't care if you take your toys out to play.
You are insuring the minis as action figures not as fine art.
It covers your collection anywhere in the world and for any reason unless specifically noted in the policy.
Cons
It’s not on your home policy so you have to use two separate policies.

So this is what I learned and I thought I would spread some information for you. If you have any questions let me know. I sought out the information for me, but if I can help other people I'll be happy to do so.

Psychosplodge
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Dear Friend,

Pardon my intrusion; my name is Lieutenant Andrew Ferrara, presently I’m on active duty in Afghanistan. Please, I have an obscured (obscured? how are you going to tell me about it?) business proposal that will be of mutual benefit to both of us.

Few days ago, my colleagues and I intercepted a radical Taliban courier responsible (not radical enough man!) for the transportation of huge amount of funds and on this unfortunate incident, we rounded up a total of US $11,5 Million United States Dollars.

After detailed discussion with my platoon, we came to a conclusion that if the funds are handed over to the Afghan Police, there is the possibility that the funds will be confiscated for their personal consumption (amen brother!)

Therefore, it was my duty to find a partner whom will receive this fund for the benefit of us all.

With all due humility, I want you to be our partner in receiving this funds. (thanks man, love you!)The funds will be moved out of this country through a air cargo transport means and all you are required to do is receive the funds and an account will be provided to you, which you will use in transferring our share.

Our word is our life (are you emailing from the grave?!?), I personally assure you that this fund has been carefully contained and there is no need to worry about the source as we will not do anything that will bring problems to you or traced back to us. (phew!)

For your honest participation in this deal, we are ready to divide the funds into three equal parts, one third will be for you one third will be sent to my Late Brother’s young family, details will be provided to you as time goes on.

See link below to learn more about my family;

I’ve removed the link.

If you are willing, please do not hesitate to contact me with your

Full names:

phone number:

current residential address:

please send the above information to my private Email :

jgebi
05-02-2013, 03:11 PM
not sure what to make of this XD well drug deals on BoLS this is new makes me miss state school

Wolfshade
05-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Studying my insurance, any individual object is covered without needing it's own insurance, or named on the policy as long as it is below £20k. Don't forget that though you might have a very large collection, but, it will be made up of seperate boxes none of which approach this value.
Of course individual contents insurance may vary.

lomaxxdurang
05-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Dear Friend,

Pardon my intrusion; my name is Lieutenant Andrew Ferrara, presently I’m on active duty in Afghanistan. Please, I have an obscured (obscured? how are you going to tell me about it?) business proposal that will be of mutual benefit to both of us.

Few days ago, my colleagues and I intercepted a radical Taliban courier responsible (not radical enough man!) for the transportation of huge amount of funds and on this unfortunate incident, we rounded up a total of US $11,5 Million United States Dollars.

After detailed discussion with my platoon, we came to a conclusion that if the funds are handed over to the Afghan Police, there is the possibility that the funds will be confiscated for their personal consumption (amen brother!)

Therefore, it was my duty to find a partner whom will receive this fund for the benefit of us all.

With all due humility, I want you to be our partner in receiving this funds. (thanks man, love you!)The funds will be moved out of this country through a air cargo transport means and all you are required to do is receive the funds and an account will be provided to you, which you will use in transferring our share.

Our word is our life (are you emailing from the grave?!?), I personally assure you that this fund has been carefully contained and there is no need to worry about the source as we will not do anything that will bring problems to you or traced back to us. (phew!)

For your honest participation in this deal, we are ready to divide the funds into three equal parts, one third will be for you one third will be sent to my Late Brother’s young family, details will be provided to you as time goes on.

See link below to learn more about my family;

I’ve removed the link.

If you are willing, please do not hesitate to contact me with your

Full names:

phone number:

current residential address:

please send the above information to my private Email :

Pscholodge you are a funny guy and I can understand where you could assume this would be a scam.
I am going to walk you through some steps to disprove that very notion.
First of all you will need to contact the Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner’s office which you can do through their website. http://www.ok.gov/oid/Licensing_and_Education/index.html
This page will allow you to confirm both my agency and personal resident property & casualty licenses for the state of Oklahoma.
If you scroll down you will find a link for licensee look up go ahead a click it.
The link will forward you to another page with another link titled licensee look up please click that one too.
Your browser will then open a new page connected to the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners) licensee database.
You can look up my personal license by choosing individual and typing in my name Joseph Yost and pressing submit.
You can also look up my agency license by choosing Business Entity and entering National Liability Managers into the Business Entity Name field and pressing submit. You will notice the agency contact number is the same 405-757-4432 that I have been providing if people are interested in a quote.

That should end any questions as to the veracity of the information I am providing.

not sure what to make of this XD well drug deals on BoLS this is new makes me miss state school
Jgebi I am not licensed in Australia and am unfamiliar with the laws governing insurance there. I would contact a local licensed insurance representative in your area to answer these questions.

Studying my insurance, any individual object is covered without needing it's own insurance, or named on the policy as long as it is below £20k. Don't forget that though you might have a very large collection, but, it will be made up of seperate boxes none of which approach this value.
Of course individual contents insurance may vary.

Wolfshade as I am only licensed in the United States I can only discuss how insurance pertains here; however you have a good concept but it’s not a complete picture in regards to United States insurance so I will try to more fully address that:
Most people in the United States carry a HO-3 insurance policy for their home owners insurance. This policy is a named perils policy and is broad form coverage for those perils. Those named perils include Fire or Lightning, Windstorm or hail, Explosion, Riot or civil commotion, Aircraft (in the case one happens to crash on your property), Vehicles (in the case one crashes into your property), Smoke, Vandalism or Malicious Mischief, Theft. These risks are the limitations to your policy. Risks like earthquake, your expensive forgeworld reaver titan gets turned into a chew toy by your dog, flood, etc… are not covered unless exclusively endorsed or added on to the policy. Also many of these risks can be removed or have heavy penalties to the policy added to them by the insurer through the use of increased deductible for losses due to specific risk (most commonly you see this with wind and hail coverage). I have seen many times where an insurer will cover wind and hail, but it requires a 1-5% deductible. To explain how this works I will use a hypothetical of you owning a home worth $100,000 and you have a 2% deductible. You have your miniatures in the car and a tornado occurs and totals your car and everything in it. The tornado is wind damage and the models inside the car are covered by your home policy because auto policies do not traditionally cover contents. The wind deductible for the wind loss is 2% of $100,000 so $2,000 of the value of your loss (the miniatures in the car and anything else inside as well) is not paid by the insurer. Now you are starting your collection over with $2,000 less than you had before to replace them. A separate inland marine policy can have zero deductible apply only to your collection and covers for any reason anywhere.
The next issue that comes up with that concept is that you have to insure your policy is replacement cost versus actual cash value. Replacement cost means that the loss is replaced at the value it would cost to repurchase today. Actual Cash Value is the replacement cost minus depreciation which will basically be how old is the model.

Most insurers only provide 10% of the coverage amount of the policy away from home so for example again you have a $100,000 and it covers 10% away from home that’s only $10,000. At replacement cost you can burn through $10,000 pretty quick with GW prices.

In most cases in the US the policy does not just use a per item basis it is also a per loss basis. So you may cover $5-10-15-20k per item without any additional documentation but there may be a limit on what is paid out per loss for instance the 10% of total policy value when away from home.

There are other reasons, but these are the main points that show that in the United States your concept may not be your best choice.

Scheduling through your homeowners insurance or setting up a separate inland marine policy allows you coverage everywhere, coverage for any loss reason, and you are able to set the value of the coverage and can provide much improved deductibles. I would recommend getting your collection appraised to have a good value, but you would have much more competent protection through these options in the United States that trusting your standard coverage.

Psychosplodge
05-03-2013, 05:49 AM
:D
lol I'm just messing with you, I just happened to see this after I'd just seen that...
Plus like Wolfie I'm in the UK...

lomaxxdurang
05-03-2013, 05:53 AM
:D
lol I'm just messing with you, I just happened to see this after I'd just seen that...
Plus like Wolfie I'm in the UK...

I believe I actually knew you were from the UK. I also knew you were messing with me, but in this situation it was best to show veracity on my part so people know this isn't a scam.

Psychosplodge
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Yeah I suppose I'd be keeping ridiculous hours for my morning posts if I was other there...

Wolfshade
05-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Sounds a bit strange, how insurance seems to work over there, not the policies you are advocating.
I am just glad that my home and contents insurance doesn't work like that, and most of the products in the UK are similiar.
New for old (where applicable) replacement is standard, for example a couple of decades ago I had a 286 pc stolen, when it was purchased the 286 was to top of its range, and the pc they replaced it was was similiarly top of its range for the time, no depreciation there.

The reason the question came up regarding collections, is that I have a large dinner service couple of grands worth, and as an entire collection collection it would put it over the maximum that I could claim for a single loss (this was with a previous provider) so I queried if it would need to be a named item, and I was told that the collection itself isn't an item, but a number of items which were all below the threshold. So while I do take the single hit for the excess that is on a claim but claim basis rather than than an item by item basis.

It is times like this that I am reminded of how different things are between countries that share so much

lomaxxdurang
05-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Yeah I suppose I'd be keeping ridiculous hours for my morning posts if I was other there...
Normally no, but I took a nap late last night because my wife and I saw the premier of Iron Man 3 at midnight and we got home about 3 am. I am usually up about 6 am so I just said screw it I'll catch up on Saturday. By the way the movie was awesome I didn't have a favorite part, I only had three complaints and that was 1. During the end credits they show scenes from this film and the two prior and one of those was the part from the first one where he fell on the 67' Shelby Cobra which is one of the prettiest cars ever, 2. Not enough time watching Iron Man be Iron Man don't get me wrong I love Tony Starks little quips, but I come for the Rockem Sockem Robot, 3. Was that the bomb disposal suit, or the Hulk Buster I do not know, but I wanted to see more of it!

lomaxxdurang
05-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Sounds a bit strange, how insurance seems to work over there, not the policies you are advocating.
I am just glad that my home and contents insurance doesn't work like that, and most of the products in the UK are similiar.
New for old (where applicable) replacement is standard, for example a couple of decades ago I had a 286 pc stolen, when it was purchased the 286 was to top of its range, and the pc they replaced it was was similiarly top of its range for the time, no depreciation there.

The reason the question came up regarding collections, is that I have a large dinner service couple of grands worth, and as an entire collection collection it would put it over the maximum that I could claim for a single loss (this was with a previous provider) so I queried if it would need to be a named item, and I was told that the collection itself isn't an item, but a number of items which were all below the threshold. So while I do take the single hit for the excess that is on a claim but claim basis rather than than an item by item basis.

It is times like this that I am reminded of how different things are between countries that share so much

Exactly I have no idea how insurance works over there in England except that your insurance laws and theories are the root to are own.

Psychosplodge
05-03-2013, 06:21 AM
spoilers!

Not seen it yet...

lomaxxdurang
05-03-2013, 06:29 AM
spoilers!

Not seen it yet...

Haha but I gave no spoiler short of the video reel they run during the credits (this is not the normal one they have at the end of every marvel film, but just a video saying this actor played x character) and said they showed a scene from Iron Man 1 during it so if you haven't seen 1 well.... sorry but that was 5 years ago and I apologize both for the minor spoiler and the fact you haven't seen something that awesome.
Other wise you're safe no spoilers in what I said. I try to avoid being so crass.

Psychosplodge
05-03-2013, 06:44 AM
I meant the lack of screen time for the "terminator" armour...

lomaxxdurang
05-03-2013, 07:07 AM
I meant the lack of screen time for the "terminator" armour...

No I said that I wanted to see more of it. It gets screen time. I just like me some rockem sockem robots.

Psychosplodge
05-03-2013, 07:15 AM
ah fair enough...