PDA

View Full Version : Gue'vesa Battlesuit

Sitnam
10-30-2009, 07:18 AM
This is a unit I made a few years back as kind of my idea of a Gue'vesa battlesuit. In my mind, I feel that the human followers who prove truly loyal to the Greater Good will be awarded with better military technology. The Kroot were given pulse rounds for their otherwise primitive rifles, and rocket tips for their bolt throwers. The vespid were given communication helms and upgrades to their weapons. I feel the same way with Gue'vesa. We already have a precedence for this in the released rules for Gue'vesa, which allowed for a number of Pulse weapons to be taken. Now, I see the Tau going a different route with Gue'vesa however. The humans have a high level of technology, so instead of outright giving the humans their advance tech, I see the Tau attempting to inspire innovation. Without the AdMech bothering them, the Gue'vesa will be inspired to be innovative with their weaponry. One of the ways I see this is a Gue'vesa inspired battlesuit. Now, while I day battlesuit, I do not intend for this unit to cotend with the stealth of XV-25's, or the firepower of XV-8's. In addition, it is a amalgation of human technologies for the most part. The armor is carapace equivalent, while the weaponry encompasses energy based weapons of the Imperium (I see projectile weapons as the first to go in the process of innovation). I made them with jumppacks and not jetpacks as that is a Tau only technology. While the addition of power weapons may make them a bit powerful, remember they are expensive and not as strong physically as Marines.

Note: I use hellgun in exchange for hot-shot lasguns, as I despise that name. Same rules however.

GV10 Gue'vesa Battlesuit
WS - BS - S - T - W - I - A - LD - SV
Gue'ui- 25 points 3 - 3 - 3(4) – 3 – 1 - 3 - 1 - 7 - 4+
Gue'vre- +10 points 3 - 3 - 3(4) – 3 – 1 - 3 - 2 - 8 - 4+

Number/squad: 1-5 Gue'ui. One Gue'ui may be upgraded to Gue'vre at +10 points. Counts as jump infantry. The Gue'vre may choose a markerlight at +10 points.

Wargear: All Gue'ui equipped with GV10 Gue'vesa battlesuit.

Special Rules: Jumppack- All models count as being equipped with a jumppack.

Deepstrike- All units may deepstrike if missions rules allow.

The GV10 is counts as being equipped with a power weapon and a hellgun with targeters . In addition it counts as giving the equipped model with +1 S, and a 3+ armor save, which is already given in statline.

. One battlesuit of every team may select to replace his hellgun with targeter for a heavy flamer at +5 points, a battlesuit multilaser +15 points, or a meltagun at +10 points.

Note that due to the special design of the suit, the users may choose to employ their hellguns and multilasers with the original statline, or as 12'' assault 1 and 24'' assault 2, respectivly.

These are definitely just prelim rules.I am open to all suggestions! I will be trying to convert one of these in the near future. Any feedback would be wonderfully appreciated on good conversion ideas. I was thinking of perhaps a fire warrior torso with a space marine backpack as a jump pack, but idk.