PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point orks, friendly

Sitnam
10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
This a list I have used for a lil bit. Its a Kan wall with large infantry support. I have never and will never play competitively, so I don't much mind the drawbacks of the list (Namely: AV14, but thats a weakness of Orks in general). Its suppose to be a theme list of Orks who prefer heavy body armor. I might upgrade one mob to 'eavy armor. Not really cost effeiciant, but keeps with my theme. Anyways, with much ado:

Warboss
Mega Armor
Bosspole
Cybork Body

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

Meganobz
5 Meganobz
2 x kombi-skorcha’s
2 x kombi -rokkits

Truck (MANz)
Rokkit Launcha

3 x Slugga Boyz
19 x Boys
2 x Rokkits
1 x Nob
Powerklaw
‘Eavy Armor
Bosspole

Warbikers
4 x Warbikers
1 x Biker Nob
Powerklaw
Bosspole

3 x Killa Kans
3 x Kans
3 x Rokkits

2 x Deffkopta’s
1 x Deffkopta
1 x Twin Linked Rokkit

Deffdread
2 x Big Shootas or 2 x Skorchas

Kommandos
14 Boyz
1 Nob
2 Burnaz
Powerklaw
Bosspole

In came out to about 2010 when I calculated it. I only play against a few opponets (Mostly the BA assault army my gf and I came up with), but I like it

Steelbull
10-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm glad to see another footslogger around here!

I do have some comments and suggestions for you list too!

First off, the Dread has to take 2X DCCW and 2 more options, and the Kanz have to take 1 DCCW and one other option apiece. This makes my calculation go to about 2030 pts.

I know it goes against the theme, but the Nobz in the Boyz squad really don't need the 'Eavy Armor, and that could save you some points.

If your Big Mek is walking alone, he may be very vulnerable. I play a BA player that fields a Whirlwind just to deny my cover saves, so my Mek has a squad of boyz that he joins for safety.

Also, see if you can find the points to make the MANz truck red, that extra inch really is a lot, especially at their walking speed.

Good luck and post back how this list plays against the Blood Angels!

Sitnam
10-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Hmm, i'll have to recheck calculations. Thanks for the heads up. I kinda of figured the Nobz didn't need them, so I probably will remove that. Just a fluff issue really, but no point in taking a useless upgrade. I was going to join the Big Mek with a squad, sorry for not clarifying. I thought about Red Paint Job, but then I realized: I painted my trukk silver and purple. :eek:

I can tell you one thing already: I don't like the idea of Death Company ;)

Steelbull
10-31-2009, 02:05 PM
The Death Company can be quite mean, especially if they have jump packs and can get the charge!

I tried running my Big Mek solo a few times... bad things happened. Glad yours will have some friends :cool:

MarshalAdamar
11-03-2009, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=Steelbull;31182]I'm glad to see another footslogger around here!

I do have some comments and suggestions for you list too!

First off, the Dread has to take 2X DCCW and 2 more options, and the Kanz have to take 1 DCCW and one other option apiece. This makes my calculation go to about 2030 pts.

I'm pretty sure that’s not correct.

He has listed a “Deffdread 2 x Big Shootas or 2 x Skorchas" That’s a legal build. The Deff dread comes with two DCC included in the price and must take TWO more items from the list of weapons. You don't have to pay for the DCC's that it comes with.

Steelbull
11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
You are correct MarshalAdamar, but at the time of my post the entry read:

Deffdread
2 x Big Shootas
2 x Skorchas

I assumed he meant to have 2 of each on the dread which is unfortunately illegal.:(

Cheers,
Steelbull

MarshalAdamar
09-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Ah, I see. Yea it would be illegal to have 4 special weapons

In the army list he listed the dread as

Deffdread
2 x Big Shootas or 2 x Skorchas

But I can see how you might have though that.

No worries.