PDA

View Full Version : Competitive 2000pts Nid list...

Ghoulio
10-31-2009, 11:52 AM
I had way too much spare time this morning and I have been trying to think of a competitive Nid list at 2000pts (since that seems to be the only sized tourney they have in my area). The idea is to have mass barbed stranglers with tonnes of negative leadership modifiers (-4 in total if I can get all 4 units up). So here it goes!

HQ
Hive Tyrant w/ Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Psychic Scream + 2 Tyrant Guard w/ Lash Whips

Hive Tyrant w/ Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma (had 6 points left over) Shadow of the Warp + 2 Tyrant Guard w/ Lash Whips

Elites
3x Boom Fex (Barbed Strangler, Scything Talons)

Troops
5x 14 Spine fist Gaunts w/ WoN

Heavy Support
2x Carnifex's w/ Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Extended Carapace, Enhanced Senses, Bonded Exo, Reinforced Chinton (so T7, W5, +2 Sv)

3x Zoanthropes w/ Synapse, Psychic Scream

Its not a super fancy list, but having 38 T6+ wounds to deal with would just be brutal (not including the stupid amount of spine fist gaunts). One thing I was wondering is someone mentioned to me that with the Tyrant Guard the HTs become units, so can get cover from other units...is this correct?

The big thing with out local Tourney (they do it twice a year with between 40-50 people) is there isnt any army comp score, just sportsmanship, painting and battle points (battle points being the heaviest weighted).