PDA

View Full Version : need help for orks against space wolfs

oldone
10-31-2009, 01:55 PM
right as the title sugest i need a list that could help beat space wolfs cos i played 3 games against them this week and lossed all three so any help is wanted

Aldramelech
10-31-2009, 02:42 PM
How many points, what are the Wolves taking, what units have you got and how experienced are you are all questions that need to be answered before anyone can give you any sensible advice (not me by the way)

Crae
10-31-2009, 05:19 PM
gotta agree with Aldra

MarshalAdamar
11-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I think we need to know how many points and what your opponent usually fields.

But in general take more boys is always good advice. 30 'ard boys charging 15 blood claws will take about 8 casualties and deal out about 12 you win and have a good chance to break the unit.

Lots of boys are just hard to stop of just about anyone and wolves suffer from fewer models because players usually have a lot of special characters and such. Use battle wagons to get the boys up close safely. Use a big mek with kustom force field to protect them from incoming fire

Lootas are great for popping dreads and rhinos and are no slouch in putting a hurt on regular marine squads.

I like Kans and dreads, they can tar pit a unit allowing you to charge it at your leisure and it will deny the unit locked in comp

Make sure you don’t try and bite off more than you can chew with Orks either. They’re only Str 3 after the charge so they wound marines on 5’s so if you can charge the marine unit with multiple units to make sure it’s good and ded that’s best.

And then there are the Nobs Take 9 with a pain boy and a Waagh banner add in 3 power klaws, two boss poles, a twin linked shoota, one combi flamer and 6 big choppa’s and you have something truly terrifying. Toss in a Warboss and the enemy will be frantic to kill it.

And they should it hits like a freight train and can easily kill dreadnaughts, open up land raiders (Warboss is STR 10 on the charge and the nobs are STR9) The banner makes them WS 5 and the Klaws insta kill IC’s. The mix of weapons and gear means you can dole out wounds any way you like the pain boy gives all your guys feel no pain and for 5 points a model they can have a 5+ invul save to boot.

Put them in a battle wagon with 2 big shootas, red paint job, armor plates and a reinforced ram and you should be in the opponents face before he do much. Then chop away.

Remember that you have to support the Nobs or they'll still get murdered but they will do a lot of damage if they get there and it will buy the other elements of your army to close in and get to work.

oldone
11-04-2009, 03:17 PM
right his list is around this

wolf lord

stormcaller

10 wolf gurad equip for combat and shooting

lone wolf

wolf gurad go with stormcaller

10 greyhunters

15 wolf claws

vindcator

8 wolves
so thats it what do u think i tryed mek and horde neither have worked so any suggest for a list