PDA

View Full Version : My Imperial Guard Plan - 1K to 2K

Brambleten
08-01-2009, 06:51 AM
All i have for the guard so far is a reasonable chunk of the infantry, so a lot of this list can be pulled apart. however, where there is a grenade launcher, it stays, unless someone comes up with a good reason not to have one there.

I made this list in 3 chunks - the first being the standard 1k list, then the other 2 500 point blocks being either anti infantry or anti tank, depending on who i play at 1500, or all together at 2k.

section 1 - 1K

HQ

company command squad
plasma pistol (commander)
power weapon (commander)
regimantal standard
medi-kit
meltagun
vox caster

Primaris Psyker

HQ total - 200

Troops

Platoon 1
platoon command squad
bolt pistol (officer)
Commissar
power fist (commissar)
vox caster
grenade launcher

infantry squad 1
vox caster
grenade launcher

infantry squad 2
vox caster
grenade launcher

special weapons squad
3 sniper rifles

total platoon cost - 162

platoon 2
platoon command squad
bolt pistol (officer)
Commissar
power weapon (commissar)
vox caster
grenade launcher

infantry squad 1
vox caster
grenade launcher

infantry squad 2
vox caster
plasma gun

platoon total 217

Elites

stormtrooper squad
5 additional stormtroopers
Chimera

Elites total 220

Fast Attack

Devil Dog

scout sentinel
Autocannon

scout sentinel
Autocannon

total fast attack - 200

total points - 999

The basic idea is that the platoons are there to just provide lots of shots as a distraction for the stormtroopers in their chimera. the Devil Dog and the sentinels will hopefully proved some anti tank solutions, thanks to the melta cannon and the autocannons hopefully into rear or side armour thanks to the scouting.

section 2 (Anti infantry) - 500 points

Addition to Platoon 1

Heavy Weapons team
3 heavy bolters

Addition to Platoon 2

Heavy weapons team
3 heavy bolters

Penal Legion Squad

Total Troops - 230

Psyker Battle squad
4 additional psykers

Elite total total 100

Leman Russ Battle Tank
heavy bolter sponsons

Heavy Support total - 170

The Psykers are included to make the most of either their nice template of doom, or their leadership reduction combined with heavy fire from the heavy bolters and battle cannon on the Russ. The Penal Legion adds numbers and a slightly more close combat area to the army which previously relied too much on the commander and his squad.

section 3 (anti-tank) - 500 points

Veteran squad
vox caster
3 meltaguns
Sgt Bastonne
chimera

Troops total - 220

Basilisk

Leman Russ Vanquisher

Heavy Support total 280

Does what it says on the tin really.

This is my first real attempt at a guard list, and as I said, only the command squad and 4 of the infantry squads have been bought, so anything other than them are pretty much easy targets for you to rip the list apart

Inquisitor McSagington
08-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Nice-but in the 1st 1k not much anti tank aside from some plasma. Another guard army or vehicle heavy marine force may rip that apart.

Brambleten
08-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I know that it would probably struggle against vehicle heavy marines, but against less armour, the devil dog should be able to take out some tanks with its melta weapon, and then the sout sentinals coming in from reserve on my opponents board edge should deal with rear armour on anything not a land raider