PDA

View Full Version : Don't like GW's strategy? Tell them so. Here's the info.

MrBo
04-30-2013, 03:10 PM
I am on the fence still personally about faeits site, ive been an active fan of his site for about a year now, but lets look at it objectively, he did post ip that had'nt been released yet.
I dont have the answers, but combined with the draconian legal practices they are using against bits sellers (when GW themselves have no plans to sell bits) I think as a gaming community we should let them know that we are not happy or satisfied customers.

here is the email

[email protected]

here is the mailing address

Games Workshop Customer Services
6211 East Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38141
US

Edit: the mailing address is for u.s. customers obviously, (much respect to the gamers from all over the world though), if you need your nearest mailbox , simply goto gw's site, bottom of the page "contact us"

Denzark
04-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Please email your support for their policies - there are already histrionic rage quitters and I want to buy their armies cheaper when the market floods.

-Tom-
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
I am on the fence still personally about faeits site, ive been an active fan of his site for about a year now, but lets look at it objectively, he did post ip that had'nt been released yet.
I dont have the answers, but combined with the draconian legal practices they are using against bits sellers (when GW themselves have no plans to sell bits) I think as a gaming community we should let them know that we are not happy or satisfied customers.

here is the email

[email protected]

6211 East Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38141
US

If this were a facebook status update I would be liking the **** out of it! While there is nothing wrong with having a beef on the forums about whether they are right or wrong, if GW are really doing things that you dislike the only productive thing you can do if you want them to change is to tell them about it (you can reinforce that by voting with your feet too, but surely the first step is to tell them why you would leave). They may ignore you, they may not.

However, on the other hand, if you're going to send them emails or mails, take the time to write a decent coherent letter, not "SUX MY BALLZ GW". Nerd rages into their email inbox won't help and more than a nerd rage in a forum thread.

olberon
04-30-2013, 03:48 PM
to prevent nerd rage letters isnt it an idea to have a standard letter/petiion to send to GW??
im not much of a writer but there should be some on the forums. if we all send the same letter/petition i think/hope and pray someone in an ivory tower sees the light ............

Harmonious Borealis
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
If there was a standardized letter they kept receiving, perhaps the thought of a such a passionate, obviously organized group would make them stop and think a bit.

-Tom-
04-30-2013, 03:53 PM
to prevent nerd rage letters isnt it an idea to have a standard letter/petiion to send to GW??
im not much of a writer but there should be some on the forums. if we all send the same letter/petition i think/hope and pray someone in an ivory tower sees the light ............

Maybe, but it's very easy to stick your name on a petition without massively giving a crap what the petition is about. If you've got 100 names on a petition, or 20 people who have taken the time to construct their own letters/emails, although the number is smaller that 20 ought to carry more weight.

MrBo
04-30-2013, 03:55 PM
to be honest , i've always looked at petitions as easier to throw in the trash, whereas 100\1000\10000 letters all saying the same thing but differently has the ability to tip the scales.
I also agree that the letters should be as civil as possible, with complaints and solutions listed without malice.
That said, think about it, we all come to these sites to discuss and explore, we owe it to the sites and ourselves to speak up.

olberon
04-30-2013, 04:01 PM
to be honest , i've always looked at petitions as easier to throw in the trash, whereas 100\1000\10000 letters all saying the same thing but differently has the ability to tip the scales.
I also agree that the letters should be as civil as possible, with complaints and solutions listed without malice.
That said, think about it, we all come to these sites to discuss and explore, we owe it to the sites and ourselves to speak up.

that sir is well said!

DragonPup
04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Anyone can click a email form, sending an old fashioned letter shows commitment. ;)

Power Klawz
04-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Anyone can click a email form, sending an old fashioned letter shows commitment. ;)

Or it can be seen as a veiled threat. Like "Look how little I care for the welfare of TREES! Imagine what I'll do to you!"

OrksOrksOrks
04-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Emailed them to tell them to keep up the good work, this is all causing hysterical melt downs that have had me laughing all day

MrBo
04-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Or it can be seen as a veiled threat. Like "Look how little I care for the welfare of TREES! Imagine what I'll do to you!"

There used to be a lady who rallied against the PC game everquest and had people mail her their destroyed everquest discs....I can't see that happening here..lol but if you are so inclined i will accept any 40k mini's and ermm destroy them ..yea thats the ticket! =D

Power Klawz
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
"But... trees! They are the lifegivers and the silent guardians of the forest! Who would commit such atrocities?! Perhaps we should rethink our corporate strategies before we accumulate more flayed tree-corpses with strongly worded opinions scrawled upon them."

MrBo
04-30-2013, 04:33 PM
"But... trees! They are the lifegivers and the silent guardians of the forest! Who would commit such atrocities?! Perhaps we should rethink our corporate strategies before we accumulate more flayed tree-corpses with strongly worded opinions scrawled upon them."

... not so silent when your tripping on mesculine in colorado on a moonlit night... but i digress ...

Griselbrand
04-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Well I did write them, this time after just shrugging stuff off in the past.

I don't think this message can be used by others since it was somewhat personalized but if anyone needs an idea on what to say, here it is.

Hello,
I just felt I should let you know that I have been in this hobby since 2005. I joined because of a great sales pitch and what I deemed at the time to be a quality product supported by a fantastic community of players and staff at one of your hobby centres. I never bought into the White Dwarf publication over the years because I was never sure of what I would be getting in each issue, I simply played it safe and did not bother spending the money on something that may dissapoint me.

Recently the High Elf release was featured in the magazine and several internet outlets leaked images of the magazine prior to its official release. As I understand it your company has taken measures to persecute these fan sites where many players such as my self get information and share this hobby. Though I respect the grounds on which you can and did go ahead with such actions, I do not respect those actions in the least. I can tell you that the 19 or so pages featured on these websites came closer to selling me on this months White Dwarf Magazine then anything in the past and had it not been for the legal actions you have taken I would have purchased the magazine and at this time be reading said issue instead of writing this e-mail.

Though I have many complaints about the recent turn in customer service at your hobby centres (none of which relate directly to the staff, but rather the policies forced upon them). As well as the extortionate pricing policy implemented by your company for each subsequent release over the past two years, I will not expand upon those problems in this e-mail

The main purpose of this e-mail is to tell you I will not be buying this month's White Dwarf publication or any subsequent issues, and this time it has nothing to do with concerns over content but is solely based upon Games-workshops behaviour towards unofficial internet affiliates which keep this hobby alive for me, since the company has decided to steadily withdraw community support since my joining of the hobby.

- Disgruntled

olberon
04-30-2013, 04:54 PM
... not so silent when your tripping on mesculine in colorado on a moonlit night... but i digress ...

lool

Shatterclaw
04-30-2013, 04:57 PM
The idea is sound, despite the use of trees... But If we were to send out two copies of letters, both to Games workshop Uk and America, that might get their attention, if there is enough letters hitting there door every day.
Emails can also work, but would need to be well written and spell checked. As it would be wiser action to avoid reactionary nerd rage. They can dismiss angry non coherent voices, as they have done by shutting down their own Forums but it’s harder to ignore voices when well spoken.

Of course for those braver, we could cut them off at the sales… and picket the stores them self’s, if we truly wanted to send a message that would be heard.. Games workshop is a company, and there to make as much money as they can. They will take any ones money that is willing to give it to them.

Now if we were smarter as Nerds are considered, then we would figure out how to pull an “Occupy” Gw movement. Go Gw stores, play games, take up space, but don’t but anything.

Picketing stores, or Taking up much needed space in a store as to affected sales would get their attention sooner rather than later.

.... Also, in a kin to the aol disk returns,, we could mail back empty blister cards to gw.. or organize a return day, where in we return unopened gw merchandise to gw stores. En mass returns makes retailers very nervous.

here is the email

[email protected]

6211 East Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38141
US

Edit: the mailing address is for u.s. customers obviously, (much respect to the gamers from all over the world though), if you need your nearest mailbox , simply goto gw's site, bottom of the page "contact us"

bobtheogre
04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Those who cry the loudest get attention... CC all of these email addresses on your letters.

GW Corporate HQ Phone Number: 44 11 5916 8100
Fax: 44 11 5916 8111
COO: Kevin Rountree
Email: [email protected]
Chairman: Tom Kirby
Email: [email protected]

Other emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Caitsidhe
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I tend to agree that people should just vote with their wallet. Don't buy their junk. Use models from other providers to represent whatever you want if you still want to keep playing using the system. Most local tournaments allow you to represent whatever you want with whatever you want as long as it is WYSIWYG. Games Workshop has shown time and time again that they don't care what you think. You are the customer, so you are always wrong. :) They see this hobby in the same way a snooty French restaurant does, i.e. that by treating you like dirt you know that they must be real quality. They only care about one thing and that is money. Vote with your wallet.

*Although I have no problem sending them a letter telling them what I think of them, and that I intend to vote with my wallet.

bobtheogre
04-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Here is my letter to GW:

To Whom It May Concern,

Im writing in response to Games Workshop's DMCA complaint to google which affected blogs such as Faeit212 and BellOfLostSouls.net. I have been a customer of Games Workshop since 1995 at the age of 13. Over the years, there has been a significant decrease in the quality of product and service to the customer with an increase of price for your product. This has caused me in the past 5 years to start seeking out alternatives to Games Workshop's products to play the games I have enjoyed since childhood. I currently own no less than 5 Games Workshop armies, all with a retail value of more than $1000.00 USD.

Currently, I do not understand any of Games Workshop's policies regarding technology. We are in a new age that Games Workshop has not kept up with. This has caused Games Workshop to give up market share that they created to companies like Privateer Press and Mantic Games. These companies have used a technology strategy to quickly cut out a chunk of Games Workshop market share with Apps like "The War Room" and providing rules sets for free online. However you have sent Cease and Desists to any "Fan Based" support for your games without offering a replacement or acquiring the technology for yourself. Offering "Digital Editions" of your publications on the App Store for more than the print edition is quite honestly to be a slap in the face to the intelligence of your customer base.

I understand trying to protect your IPOs, and I understand your marketing and agreements with New Line Cinema. However, punishing your fan base for misdeeds and information leaks by your vendors is not the correct policy, and is turning more of your players off to Games Workshop products. With the dawn of 3d printing in your home within the next five years, Games Workshop needs to put itself in a position of offering a superior product for the dollars we spend. Else Games Workshop will find themselves without customers who can turn out miniatures at their leisure in their home.

I vote with my money, as it is the most powerful form of showing support in our current economic times. My monies will be spent playing games such as Infinity and Malifaux. And it saddens me that my Vampire Counts will not storm across the Old World, and that I will no longer battle in the 41st millennium as I don't want to have any legal action levied against me because of my love for the game.

Games Workshop needs to be the pioneers in the field that they once were, or this company will find itself without customers and bankrupt. Please reverse this current course of action, and hire visionaries in the field to break new ground in the future of miniature gaming.

Thank You For Your Time,

Power Klawz
04-30-2013, 05:10 PM
I vote that you send as many letters as you want but keep paying them, because I don't care at all about any of this and I just want new Eldar sculpts and a multi-part plastic warboss and YOU NEED TO FUND THAT FOR ME.

TheCastigator
04-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Seriously, the only way you'll get them to change anything is by voting with your wallet. No volume of strongly worded correspondence will do anything to move the needle. I would assume that they probably have a rule in their inboxes that screens out the rage-quit screeds that the mouth-breathers are feverishly typing at this very moment.

bobtheogre
04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Some email addresses I was able to dig up:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Which means that Tom Kirby should be [email protected] and [email protected]

GrauGeist
04-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Seriously, the only way you'll get them to change anything is by voting with your wallet.

Exactly so. Don't like it, don't buy it.

MrBo
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Exactly so. Don't like it, don't buy it.

I disagree, with todays economy of produce or die, where one bad quarter can send stocks spiraling, i think it's important for the customer base to inform the producer of it's needs.
if the producer of said product does not listen, then vote with your wallet. the latest example being EA people complained for a good couple years about the direction they were taking and only now do they realize their customers were right (even if they were wrong , they had the money, they were right)

Denzark
05-01-2013, 01:33 AM
Emailed them to tell them to keep up the good work, this is all causing hysterical melt downs that have had me laughing all day

OOO you funny f*ck this is my thoughts exactly - except I am more interested in how cheap rage quitter's armies will be.

Actually, with my sensible head on, the best way to let them know, is to buy shares. GW shares attract the right to attend the AGM and have 1 vote per shareholder. Many websites allow minimal share purchases so you don't need to spend more than what you are probably spending on plastic crack per month.

Then, attend the shareholders AGM and engage directly. Stop fannying around with correspondence, go and stick it to the man in person.

OrksOrksOrks
05-01-2013, 02:31 AM
I am sure 14 emails from raging nerds will really make GW change its tune, they should stop everything keeping them profitable because a few people on a forum got all mad about stuff.

Magpie
05-01-2013, 02:39 AM
I am sure 14 emails from raging nerds will really make GW change its tune, they should stop everything keeping them profitable because a few people on a forum got all mad about stuff.

Particularly when inciting nerd rage is the cheapest and most effective advertising GW can get !