PDA

View Full Version : Battlefleet Gothic is Dead (ish) - Long Live Firestorm Armada?

ElectricPaladin
05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Well, ladies and gentlebeasts, it looks like GW has finally decided to pull the plug on Battlefleet Gothic. As I've noted elsewhere, with the model line made caput, the game can only shrink, and will not grow. I've all but decided to jump ship to Firestorm Armada. Are there any FSA fans out there willing to jump on the thread and help me make up my mind.

In particular, I'm torn about faction. The Sorylians appeal: they're communist freaking space lizards, their ships have great design consistency, but without being boring, and they have a fast, aggressive, and decisive playstyle that reminds me of my beloved Blood Angels. The Aquan Prime is also interesting, though. Their ships are a little less appealing, at least in part because the designs are inconsistent and in part because I tend to prefer fiddly bits to soft swoopy shapes. They're mobile, but powerful, favor larger ships, and are one of the few factions that can rely on wings of fighter craft, which reminds me of how much fun I have with carriers in BFG. Like my equally beloved Tau, they seem to rely on their maneuverability to ouflank the opponent, but when the time comes to act, they act decisively, with a powerful offense.

Anyway, aside from my particular quandary, help me finalize my decision. I'm pretty sure I want to get into FSA as a replacement for BFG, but I'm not quite at the "spending money" level of certainty. If you're an FSA player in the San Francisco Bay Area, that would be a nice plus as well.

James Jimbo Burrell
06-29-2013, 04:06 PM
I play once ,twice a month at my local flgs, we love the game. We have 12 players and have hosted tourneys and so on. Most people are getting into the big ship meta, but if you play well and learn to concentrate firepower med and small ships can be real threats! Get two fleets and start teaching! I guaranty you will not be disappointed!

hammerandbrush
09-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I've become more and more convinced I'd like to play this game as well but not that I heard 2.0 is coming out AND they're revamping the core fleets it just makes me wanna sit on my hands for a while. I like the Aquans and Terrans but their core fleets are so blah, it's why I stayed away for so long.