PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt CC Guard

Sam
11-01-2009, 10:41 PM
I've posted a few comments about my CC Guard army, so I thought maybe I should throw the list out there and see what everyone thinks about it.

HQ:

Vladimir Bronislav (Straken)
Sergej Abram (Kell)
Two Bodyguards
Two Veterans with laspistol & CCW
Medic with laspistol & CCW
310pts

Chimera with hull and turret heavy bolters and a dozer blade
65pts

Commissar General Pelan (Yarrick)
185pts

Elites:

Stormtroopers with 2 meltaguns
185pts

Troops:

Two Identical Platoons as follows:

Platoon Command with no upgrades
30pts

Infantry Squad - Sergeant with power weapon and meltabombs, Commissar with power weapon
110pts

4x Infantry Squad - Sergeant with power weapon and meltabombs
65pts

Fast Attack:

Vendetta Gunship
130pts

Devil Dog with hull mounted multi-melta
135pts

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Battle Tank with hull mounted lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons
185pts

Total:
1995pts

Atrotos
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Priests are well worth the points in a list like this.

Sam
11-02-2009, 12:45 AM
I've considered adding priests, but I'm not sure what to take out.

Chumbalaya
11-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Kell is crazy overpriced, as is Yarrick. Since your CCS is riding your only Chimera, I wouldn't expect them to last long. Creed might be better with a longer order range and allowing one of your blobs to outflank.

You need some guns, HWS fit perfectly.

Stormies are suicide troops, just take 5 and 2 meltas (2 units now).

Add meltas to your infantry squads, just in case you want to blast something.

2 Vendettas sitting back carrying your PCS would work well.

LRBTs suck, hull lascannons suck and sponson HBs suck. Demos would be more useful to bust up tanks.

Sam
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Kell is crazy overpriced, as is Yarrick. Since your CCS is riding your only Chimera, I wouldn't expect them to last long. Creed might be better with a longer order range and allowing one of your blobs to outflank.

You need some guns, HWS fit perfectly.

Stormies are suicide troops, just take 5 and 2 meltas (2 units now).

Add meltas to your infantry squads, just in case you want to blast something.

2 Vendettas sitting back carrying your PCS would work well.

LRBTs suck, hull lascannons suck and sponson HBs suck. Demos would be more useful to bust up tanks.

I don't think Yarrick is overpriced, he exists to be a pain in the butt, and he does it well. I've always had ridiculous luck when it comes to people trying to take out my chimera, and even footslogging that command squad can soak up a lot of fire power. I'm not at all worried about the range of my orders, because everything I have to order I keep within 12 inches for Furious Charge and Counter Attack...and Stubborn, and re-rollable Morale tests without having to execute anyone. And possibly even within 6 inches for Yarrick's leadership 10.

As a rule, I dislike HWS, and because I don't plan to drop any of the characters, there is no room for them in the list.

I was thinking about cutting the STs back to five, it would certainly help with fitting priests into the list.

If I'm in melta range, I'm charging. No one I play against runs more than 3 or 4 vehicles, so anti-tank is pretty well taken care of for this list.

I only own one vendetta, though if I had 2 I might try this. But I would have to make a lot of room in my list to take another.

The Leman Russ Battle Tank has a 72" range with str 8 ap 3 ordinance that it can move and fire with another weapon. How does that suck? The lascannons and heavy bolters are there because I set my Leman Russ up to have some versatility, if I'm shooting a tank I fire the battle cannon and the lascannon, if I'm shooting infantry I shoot the battle cannon and a heavy bolter (or two heavy bolters AND the lascannon, if I haven't moved). I have no intention of ever fielding an IG list that excludes my trusty battle tank.

Sam
11-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I have dropped 5 of the STs and removed the dozer blade from the chimera and added 2 Priests to throw into the 51-man squads. Total cost is unchanged.

Note: The Company Command has Carapace Armour, I forgot to list it but it is included in the point cost.