PDA

View Full Version : Guard - 1750 for tourneys

Wanderingroue
11-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Well i got a few comming up (gt, independants and ETC qualifiers)

And im thinking of taking the following:

Command squad - 4 meltas, melta bomb - 95pts

Deamon Hunter Inquisitor, x3 mystics, psykic hood, bolt pistol, targeter - 85

9 sanctioned psykers , chimera, multi laser heavy flamer - 155

Command Platoon Squad - 3 flamers, chimera, multi laser, heavy flamer - 105

Guard Squad - autocannon - 60

Guard Squad - autocannon - 60

10 Veterans , x3 melta guns - 100

Special Weapon squad - x3 flamers - 50

Vendetta, heavy bolters - 140

Vendetta, heavy bolters - 140

2 Vendettas, heavy bolters - 280

Russ - Lascannon - 165

Russ - Lascannon - 165

2 Hydras - 150

Chumbalaya
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Scrap the lascannons, get Demolishers instead.

More Vets never hurt, swapping the Vendettas out wouldn't be too bad.

Otherwise, it looks solid. Good luck.

DarkLink
11-02-2009, 11:19 PM
There's not really any point in having 3 mystics. 2 gets you the full benefits and it doesn't matter if the mystics actually get killed or not. So long as the Inquisitor is alive, you get the anti-deepstrike ability. Plus, they're not exactly a tough unit. You need to hide them in a chimera, or they'll just get shot anyways.

I like vendettas, but they're good for anit tank, while their heavy bolters are good for anti infantry. You don't really need both.

Wanderingroue
11-03-2009, 07:15 AM
well the dettas are basically there for good old hordes.. if people bring not armour.. well i got some weight of shots still too.

And you need a third henchman for the inquisitor so it might as well be a (cheap) third psyker.

the main thing im thinking tho... feedback apreciated. is droping the inquis for a grey knight hero (the cheap one), i get the same ld 10 hood but with a bit of combat punch (s6 force weapon) plus i dont have to use up the transport on a vechicle... he can just join a unit.

I must admit tho, i tried the demolishers and 24 inches range just sucked.. nice 72 inches (combined with the hydras) and tlos mean the russ seem to have a much bigger impact on a broad spectrum of game times (this set up for eg.loooooves spearhead contest and control :) )

karandras
11-03-2009, 07:21 AM
But absolutely somehow give your Inquisitor a Psycannon!!! With the prevelance of Daemon armies, nothing is sweeter than ignoring invulnerable saves!!! Especially if you run across Fateweaver or an Imperial Assassin!!! Good Luck!!!

karandras
11-03-2009, 07:23 AM
...Or a Seer Council / Farseer!!!

Chumbalaya
11-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Demos > LRBT because

S10 AP2 >>> S8 AP3 (insta-pops T5, kills AV14, ignores 2+ saves, even with cover that's more significant than 3+ to 4+)
AV11 rear

24" range is not as bad considering how close you can deploy and move while firing. Very few things can pop AV14/13 from range, so they will have to close with you. Then they meet the heavy flamer.

Wanderingroue
11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
24 inches is bad however when:
all the rending cavalry nowaday can charge you when you shoot em.
it gets you in melta range easier
the armys plays with a certain things rushing forward with a heavy base line gun line.

tho saying that i do have that EXACT demolisher load out (x2) because it did seem so good on paper.

has anyone realy tried penal legion yet? are they anygood?