PDA

View Full Version : 40K on the Super Glue Corp. website

Brass Scorpion
11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I once wrote to Super Glue Corp. with "my story" of how I use their product on miniatures, resulting in my getting some free product shortly thereafter and a subscription to their e-newsletter. Someone else wrote to them with a similar story and it just got used in the latest newsletter. Visit this link (http://www.supergluecorp.com/blog/2009/10/10/modeling-tips/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Email%20marketing&utm_content=496172124&utm_campaign=November09+_+uyldyk&utm_term=Readfullstory) for the full story. Here is a picture from the same article:
http://www.supergluecorp.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Modeling-Tips-300x225.jpg

warpcrafter
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Super glue sucks. E-6000 is 10x better.

GM Rex Nihilo
11-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Super glue sucks. E-6000 is 10x better.

Any particular reason for your preference that you would like to share, experiences, applications something tangible that you might like to share that we could possibly relate to and not just flat out dismiss your comment as that from a random flamer.

Brass Scorpion, that sounds like a good idea for any number of products and maybe it would result in other prog (free stuff!)

warpcrafter
11-03-2009, 12:04 AM
I have used E-6000 on metal, plastic and resin miniatures, and it has proven to be superior to any other glue I've ever used. Granted, it is somewhat thick and takes a little practice to use neatly, but it has a slower set-up so you have some time to get the parts in position. If the parts are somewhat heavy, you might want to brack them, but pinning is a thing of the past. You can get a big tube of it at Wal-Mart for $3. Sorry about the excess of enthusiasm in my previous post, but my caffeine intake that day was sooo high.

Subject Keyword
11-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Zap-A-Gap. All the way. Best I ever used.

schoon
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
While superglue certainly has its uses, I'm a big fan of pinning for virtually everything and 2-part epoxy.

It has the disadvantage of taking up to 5 minutes to set, but it tends to be less brittle over time, and seems to absorb shocks better without sheering.

The Plastic Surgeon
11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
This E6000 glue sounds good if it means I won't have to pin things.

Is it really all that its cracked up (by some) to be?