PDA

View Full Version : Fast Warriors of Chaos

Learn2Eel
05-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, trying to come up with a low model competitive Warriors of Chaos army list. For laughs, I wanted to give my fellow local Warriors of Chaos players a bit of a scare with a fast, elite force that dictates the movement phase through its comparative mobility. Because I can't decide on a specific theme (I play Tzeentch in 40K, I don't like Slaanesh and the other two are covered extensively already by my local WoC players) I thought a mixed list would be better, or in fact one that lacks marks on all but three units. Also, monster mash!

Lords - 500
Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/ chaos armour, wings, level four wizard, lore of nurgle, charmed shield, dragonbane gem, the other tricksters' shard, scaled skin, soul feeder - 500

Heroes - 256
Exalted Hero w/ battle standard, mark of tzeentch, great weapon/halberd (methinks his durability means the great weapon is better), talisman of preservation, third eye of tzeentch, daemonic steed, barding - 256

Core - 520
Chaos Chariot - 110
Chaos Chariot - 110
Chaos Chariot - 110
Chaos Chariot - 110
Chaos Warhounds (5) w/ vanguard - 40
Chaos Warhounds (5) w/ vanguard - 40

Special - 490
Chimera w/ regeneration - 245
Chimera w/ regeneration - 245

Rare - 234
Skullcrushers of Khorne (3) w/ ensorcelled weapons - 234

Total = 2000

Is it too cheesy/bandwagon-ish? It is after all more a base line for an army, I can edit it later/neuter it if it is too over the top. It is a very cheap army and easy to carry around in conjunction with my more infantry heavy High Elves/Thousand Sons. Thoughts?

Chronowraith
05-15-2013, 04:18 PM
For fun games, this works surprisingly well. It is VERY bandwagonish though as everyone using variations on this list are running the EXACT same Lord and Hero choices.

Lore of Death is generally better than Nurgle for the character sniping abilities. Doom and Darkness also aids the Daemon Prince and other components in breaking enemy units which will almost ALWAYS be steadfast against an army like this and the lore attribute potentially gives you more dice

This specific list suffers from one problem, Blood and Glory Scenarios. Should someone kill off either your Daemon Prince or BSB... it's game over. Given the number of spells out there that can ignore armor AND ward saves this list is awfully risky. Throw in cannons, doomwheels, and other monster killers and you'll find your opponents focus firing on those two models since, which the exception of the chimeras, the other units won't annihilate units in a single turn, they can buy time.

Also, chimeras need the flame breath upgrade. Two S4 breath weapons go a long way in thinning out horde armies which is an army-type this list struggles with. Personally, if you can find some way of getting it onto the daemon prince I'd suggest fire breathing for him too.

Perosnally, I like Chaos Knights more than Skullcrushers. Personal choice though... nothing more. I simply prefer more models over more wounds due to war machines and other multiple wound issues. Losing a single knight to a cannon means less to the unit than losing a skullcrusher does to his unit.

Learn2Eel
06-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Sorry for late reply, but cheers buddy. I decided I won't do an army like this anyway as, like you say, it is very bandwagonish.

Thortek
11-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Have you considered the Marauder horsemen with axes?