PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Space Wolf Fairy Eater

Unholy_Martyr
11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Okay, so the title is a little pompous; however, last night I used this list to some success against a Dark Eldar player in an annihilation game losing only 2 kill points to...well every one of his. List was as follows:

H.Q.

Wolf Priest 100
Wolf Tooth Necklace 10
[110]

Rune Priest 100
Terminator Armor 20
Psychic Powers:
Living Lightning
Tempests Wrath
[120]

Elites

Wolf Guard (3) 54
Terminator Armor (3) 45
a) Wolf Claws (2) 15
b) Frost Blade, Storm Bolter 10
c) Power Fist, Assault Cannon 40
[164]

Troops

Grey Hunter (6) 90
Melta Gun 5
Power Fist 25
Razorback T/L Heavy Bolter: 40
[160]

Grey Hunter (6) 90
Plasma Gun 10
Power Weapon 15
Razorback T/L Assault Cannon: 75
[190]

Grey Hunter (6) 90
Plasma Gun 10
Power Weapon 15
Razorback T/L Assault Cannon: 75
[190]

Grey Hunter (10) 150
Melta Gun (2) 5
Power Fist 25
[180]

Blood Claws (13) 195
Power Fist 25
[220]

Heavy Support

Long Fangs (6) 90
Plasma Cannon (2) 40
Missile Launcher (2) 20
Heavy Bolter 5
[155]

Total [1489]

Basically...I'm torn between thinking I got extremely lucky or the Dark Eldar player just had an off day.:confused:
Any thoughts?

burlinghoff
11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
If this is new wolves, you need 5 Guard in order to equip that Assault Cannon.

Unholy_Martyr
11-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I wondered the same thing myself; however, at the store I play at, the general concensus is that if it says "for every x models" You assume to round up. For instance, the drop pod assault rule. I do think he's not legal but then again, the Dark Eldar player ran with the same reasoning.

Confuddled
11-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Gee… what’s with all the Space Wolf posts showing up?!

You’d think GW had just released a new codex or something. ;)

Seriously, though…

1) I don’t see the ambiguity with regard to Wolf Guard unit composition, but if y’all have a consensus, I’m not gonna argue.

2) As for the list itself, eh.. looks ok.

Not great – its got a little too much emphasis on assault cannon for my taste, especially in the context of a take-all-comers list, but not BAD either.

3) Might help if you gave us some idea on the deployment option rolled, as well as some idea as to what the Dark Eldar player had.

(I’m guessing he’d basically spammed Raiders stuffed with Warriors and Wyches – units that would absolutely hate all those S6/S7 shots you’re throwing out!)

Seriously, looks like an ok list, though it might be more informative to see what the Dark Eldar player had in his list, as well as the deployment option used.

Chumbalaya
11-04-2009, 07:36 AM
There is no ambiguity unless you're looking for a loophole.

List looks ok, walking BCs are a joke though. Not sure how you beat DE unless he decided to assault you with a Raider rush (stupid).

Needs more dakka (Preds, Dreads, Speeders) and more capable assaulters (Thunderwolves, assaulty units in Land Raiders).

zanzibarthefirst
11-04-2009, 07:48 AM
too heavy on troops IMO. Yes they win games but you still need some 'dakka'

Also you do need 5 to get a heavy weapon. Rounding up is such a load of nonsense. Drop pod assault is completely different, it explicitly say round up. What woudl be the point of saying for every 5 models you get a heavy wepoan why they dont actuallly mean 5 but in fact any random number

Assault cannons and razorbacks, i'd rather not thank you very much, take a rhino instead and use the points to legally afford that assault cannon in the wolf guard