PDA

View Full Version : Looking at starting something. Would these work?

Renegade
05-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Thinking of getting in to WFB, would these work with the current setting.

Using WoC

A lost tribe that still follow the old gods of man, based in either the Bad or Dark Lands (havent decided which) Going down the ancient Celt line.

Mauruaders backed up with Maruaders on horses, Chaos hounds, a Sorcerer or two and maybe
Incarnate Elemental of Beasts and/or Fire.

These are not Northmen, they are meant to be Wildmen that live much in the same way man did when Sigmar was rocking it.

Using Empire

Themed on British Civil War. Had enough of the squabbling barons, and have set up in an abandoned town. Become quite prosperous, with a puritanical faith.

Thinking Lots of spear men, some cavalry, gunners and cannon and Witch Hunters.

They are not exactly separate from the Empire, but do not believe the nobles have a god given right to rule over them. They have the Witch hunters on side and leading their armies, which works well with the Cromwell inspiration.

Wildeybeast
05-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Short answer: Yes. The fluff is open enough that you can do what you want with it.

Long answer: I'd some reservations/constructive criticisms. Human tribes living in the dark lands are going to face being enslaved by Chaos Dwarfs, The badlands would work better.

As for your Empire, the nobles aren't going to suffer a town not under their sway for particularly long, especially a prosperous one, unless your town is paying its dues. Why have the witch hunters taken up with them? Unless they are corrupt, temporal power doesn't interest them and they are mostly very solitary. A high ranking warrior priest setting up a religious commune would work better and would provide them with a certain degree of freedom from the lord's influence. Of course, if you move them to the Border Princes, you avoid the lord issue. After all, that is why people go to the Border Princes.

Renegade
05-26-2013, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=Wildeybeast;306986]Short answer: Yes. The fluff is open enough that you can do what you want with it.
/QUOTE]

After seeing the Ultramarine film the other night, I feel that I could ignore large swathes of what it written.

I have heard mention of some Albion, and after a bit of a tussel, have decided to try and make the Empire one work.

It will be that they do not see themselves as splitters, more that the nobles are corrupt. While the Emperor is the unity of the Empire and has a divine right to unify the race of men, neither the other nobles or the Cult of Sigmar (or other cults (heretics!)) should be involved as they are in politics.

"They were lead by warrior priests to a new land in the Boarder Princes in the Time of the Tree Emperors, a time written in their history as the Empire turning on the word of Sigmar and the Nobles committing a heresy in their wars of power and greed."

How does that sound?

Wildeybeast
05-31-2013, 11:04 AM
It works for me, but the key is if it works for you.