PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Wolf List

pdelair
11-04-2009, 01:05 AM
With the new codex my SW army is getting a much needed painting overhaul and I'm looking to run some new ideas too. Without further ado here is the list I am considering for a tourny at the end of the month.

Logan Grimnar

Rune Priest
- Term Armor
- Chooser of the Slain
Tempest's Wrath
? (JotWW or Muderous Hurricane)

Wolf Guard x 10
- Term x 6
Chainfist x 2
Heavy Flamer x 2
- Power Armor x 4 (squad leaders for Scouts and Grey Hunters)
PF x 4

Wolf Scouts x 5
Meltagun
Plasma Pistol

Wolf Scouts x 5
Meltagun
Plasma Pistol

Grey Hunters x9
Meltagun
PW
Mark of the Wulfen
Rhino

Grey Hunters x9
Meltagun
PW
Mark of the Wulfen
Rhino

Long Fangs x 6
ML x 5
Razorback

Vindicator

LRC
Multimelta

Chumbalaya
11-04-2009, 07:39 AM
I'd have the Fangs on foot and take 2 units. Dropping the Vindy, Razor and a WGT or two could get you some MM/HF Speeders to give you some mobile firepower.

zanzibarthefirst
11-04-2009, 07:42 AM
just a quick question not really related, how do youp propose putting a meltagun in the wolf scout squads. All the weapon arms have the hands attached to the weapon, where do you get the left hands to hold the meltaguns?

Chumbalaya
11-04-2009, 08:38 AM
You could kitbash plastic scouts and wolfy bitz for a suitable substitution.

Purple
11-04-2009, 10:56 AM
of the rune priests powers, my two favourites are the one where it makes everwhere within 24" difficult and dangerous terrain and the 3d6 hurricane one. Plonk the rune priest in the middle of the board if you play Dawn of War and if your opponent is using drop pods or daemons then unlucky for them

Confuddled
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Ehhh.. Not too shabby, lots of spare hulls to buffer the Crusader, decent core of scoring units.

Biggest issue with the list?

Unless my math has gone horribly horribly wrong, your list comes to a grand total of 1975 points. ;)

So, you’re going to have to chop some units down to size….

1) First unit to go?

One pack of Wolf Scouts. As it is, I think you’ve got a little too much invested in Wolf Scouts for a tournament list – their utility is pretty limited if you run into anything other than a static gunline.

2) Still 10 points over – replace Wolf Guard no. 10’s power fist with a power weapon and attach him to the Long Fangs?

Confuddled
11-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Heh. Now that’s settled, additional suggestions?

With minimal changes to your list:

1) Replace the Grey Hunters’ power weapons with Wolf Standards.

Points freed up go towards combi-weapons for 2 of the Wolf Guard.

2) Probably the guy attached to the 2 Grey Hunter squads, though the Wolf Scouts could do with a combi-melta or combi-flamer. Makes them a little more useful against a wider variety of opponents.

pdelair
11-04-2009, 11:21 PM
In response to the question about meltaguns, I have plenty of old 2nd/3rd ed metal Space Wolf scout models with special weapons :). Don't need to chop anything because I have models made with them.

No landspeeders for me at the moment, don't own any and don't have the budget to get any.

and bawls on the math fail. I'm obviously too reliant on Army Builder :(. Its actually worse than what you thought... I am coming up with 1990pts now. No more late night building for me.

So here is the break down with changes to bring me down to 1850. Now if someone wants to doublecheck me cause I am obviously failing today...

Logan 275 pts

Rune Priest with Term Armor and Chooser of the Slain 130pts

Wolf Scouts 115 pts
Meltagun
Plasma Pistol x 2

Wolf Guard 375pts
--- Terminators x6 with Hvy Flamer x2 and Chainfist x2 --238pts
--- Three Normal Guys with powerfists, one with meltabombs -- 119pts
--- One Normal Guy -- 18 pts

Grey Hunter Squad 220pts
Meltagun
Power Weapon