PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Mech Eldar GT list

bobdole4eva
11-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey guys, got a full mech list for the upcoming Heat 2, just trying to iron out the last kinks, so C&C welcomed

Eldrad Ulthran [210}

6 Fire Dragons [96]
Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon [110]

10 Dire Avengers - Exarch, 2 Catapults, Bladestorm [152]
Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones, Eldar Missile Launcher, Shuriken Cannon [140]

10 Dire Avengers - Exarch, 2 Catapults, Bladestorm [152]

10 Storm Guardians - 2 Flamers [92]
Warlock - Destructor [35]

Fire Prism [115]

Fire Prism [115]

TOTAL [1497]

It works very nicely, but I'm not so sure about Eldrad. I usually leave my whole army in reserve, meaning I dont get the d3+1 units to move, and I don't get as long to take advantage of his powers. On the other hand his powers are amazing. I was thinking of either taking him out for a Farseer with Doom, Runes of Warding, and a Singing Spear (98pts) and adding a 3rd Prism, or taking him out for a Farseer with Doom and Fortune (125), and using the extra points to add Holo-fields to my 2 Prisms (70) leaving 15 spare.
What do you think?

Chumbalaya
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
You need another unit of Dragons, 1 is just too much of an obvious target. 5 with a flamer is cheap are versatile.

You can lose a lot of the superfluous gear, namely the DA Exarchs and their stuff. Bladestorm is nice, but a luxury you can afford to lose. With Doom and Guide you should be fine.

Serpents could use TL Bright Lances, a lot better at popping armor at range.

Eldrad is cool, 210 points out of 1500 not so much. A cheaper Doom/Fortune Seer might have to suffice.