PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pts Chaos Space Marine List

jfry50
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
This list is not for a tournament, just wanted to see what anyone thought about it. Thanks for any insight.

Black Legion
1,500 Point List

HQ Chaos Lord - Powerfist, Combi-Melta 125
Troops 9 Chaos Space Marines - Icon of Chaos Glory, Flamer 150
Aspiring Champion - Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol 45
Heavy Land Raider - Twin-linked Bolter, Daemonic Possession 245

Troops 10 Chaos Space Marines - Icon of Chaos Glory, 2 Melta-Guns 180
Aspiring Champion - Power fist, Plasma pistol 55
Transport Rhino - Havoc Launcher 50

Troops 10 Chaos Space Marines - Icon of Nurgle, 2 Plasma Guns 230
Aspiring Champion - Power fist, Plasma pistol 55

Elite 5 Chaos Terminators 150
- Chainfist, Combi-Melta, Combi-Flamer, Reaper Autocannon, Lightning Claws 60

Heavy Defiler - Havoc Launcher 155

mstingray
11-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Its not a bad list for non-competitive play, I personally would give the terminator with chainfist the upgrade to the champion, you never know when that extra attack may be useful, also I wouldn't give the defiler the havoc launcher, but the extra CCW as I prefer to run it, than shoot the enemy.

SlavesToDarkness
11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Plague Marines are always better then regular ones with a Nurgle Icon. Even if you can only fit in less Plague Marines.

Not so sure of your choice of a lord with powerfist. Sacrifices his initiative. How about a Daemon Weapon or a Daemon Prince instead?

jfry50
11-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Maybe i will drop a marine from the landraider unit and give the lord terminator armor and a deamon weapon.

Vince
11-06-2009, 04:02 AM
I would say mark the lord and give him a daemon weapon. Also change the asp champ in that squad to a powerfist and if you wish to give him a ranged weapon a combi flamer or melta (I would match the lords type with this so you might want to change him also to go with your squads flamer). Actually drop all the plasma pistols give the champs combi weapon (melta with melta and plasma with plasma). Drop the havoc on your melta squads rhino for a combi flamer or combi melta. Drop the havoc on the defiler. With the points you save change the terminators to 2 squads of 3 with 2 combi meltas and a heavy flamer in each and a chain fist. This list is still hobby but a lot more lethal. If any points left you can add another combi melta terminator to each squad.