PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Daemonhunters

bonedale
11-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Looking for advice on final touches to my list. I face mostly BTs, BAs, SWs, DW. Most are power builds with heavy hitting HQs, etc.

Problems up to this point have been GK initiative. I go at the same time, or second to most HQ units. Especially SWs as they tend to grant benefits to squads easily. Second, getting left in the open and shot up.

Solution to my problem, the GK Redeemer. Thank you Forgeworld. Of course for it's benefits, it has no real firepower in my opinion. I never count on flame weapons until you actually use them.

My list so far:

HQ
Grand Master with 5 Terms (375pts)
Cannoness tooled out for CC (105)

Elites:
6 GK Terms (315)

Troops:
5 GKs (150)
5 GKs (150)
6 SoB, 2 meltas, 1 combi-melta, rhino (125)
6 SoB, 2 meltas, 1 combi-melta, rhino (125)

Fast Attack
5 GKs (150)

Heavy
GK Land Raider Redeemer (for GK terms) (270)
GK Land Raider Redeemer (for GK terms) (270)

Use:
Obviously I am relying on rhinos with SoB to take out the advancing armor. Always risky, and I would frankly prefer shooty dreads, but I want to try this to also increase scoring units. My goal would be to pop opposing LRs.

The Redeemers seem even more risky, but success would be one squad getting to assault at initiative 10 taking out an enemy god squad. Anything more is bonus.

Cannoness I was thinking would be used to hang out with the GK troop units. She provides a nasty punch to anything that assaults them. My GK squads will hang out close together, acting more as a 10 or 15 man unit. It allows me more justicars, and small fearless units have no drawback in shooting.

My FA GKs, will be deployed based on my opponents deployment, units, etc. They can be anything from suicide squad to joining up with the other troops. I may fork over the point to give them 2 psycannons to knock out rear armor. I face annihilators, vindicators, etc., all the time.

Points are approximate.
Thanks

SlavesToDarkness
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't know, I'd try to bring in some Imperial Guard instead of Sisters of Battle. Or is this based on the models you have?

You only have 39 guys. I realize you play mostly against MEQs, but any IG, Tyrannid, Tau or Eldar army is going to eat that for breakfast, crap it out, then make YOU eat it.

Lord Anubis
11-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree you've got way too few models. If you could (depeending on available models) I'd lose one of the Land Raiders for more troops, but that's just me.

Also, I don't have the books in front of me, but that seems a bit cheap for the Sisters squads. I know when I ran similar squads of my Daemonhunter Stormtroopers they were up around 150 pts or so, and Sisters cost more to field... :confused:

SlavesToDarkness
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Sisters of Battle are only 11pts each.

But isn't the minimum squad size 10?

bonedale
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
This list will never face a hoard army.

I usually take STs, but am trying SoB. Better saves. But they are not big enough squads to upgrade the SoB vet for faith, so I may make changes here. I'll check on the min size.

As for inducting IG, it is a weak option for DH. Too bad the FAQ didn't allow Russ squads, so sad.

This is a grey knight army, I am always outnumbered. Typically I play with loads of PAGKs, so this list is a departure from that. Instead of an average of 40pts per model, I am up at 50. It's scary really, but I am banking on moble bunkers that allow high initiative assaults for a few squads, vs double the guys without initative or protection. I've mastered the later.

Am I wrong with the GK Redeemer? It looks like a fun tool for the GKs. GKs lack two things. Anti-tank, and Initiative. We have no furious charge, or some character yelling at us, or banners, or whatever. This solves one problem, maybe.

SlavesToDarkness
11-06-2009, 12:20 AM
It doesn't matter: the army is illegal. Sisters of battle squads are 9-19 in size + 1 Sister Superior.

bonedale
11-06-2009, 07:07 AM
No problem, I will make either one 10 SoB squad or find 88 pts to make 2 full squads.