PDA

View Full Version : Tau, 1240p

Kall3m0n
11-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi there.

I really need some help with my army.
Iv'e been playing some games and won almost every one (played against necrons, nids, orks, IG and Sisters of Battle), but my army is pretty boring.
I really don't want a mech-list, but at the same time I really don't want just FW:s.

Here is my list so far:

HQ
Commander suit
*plasma rifle
*fusion blaster (I change the weapons depending on the opponent)
*stimulant injector
*iridium armor
*hard.w. Drone controller
*hard.w. multitracker
*gundrone
*shield generator

TROOPS
12 firewarriors
*shasui
*drone controller
*2 marker drones
*photon granade

11 firewarriors (in Devilfish)
*shasui
*photon granade
*drone controller
*markerdrone

20 Kroots
*shaper
*pulse carbine
5 hounds

Dedicated transport
Devilfish
*flachette discharger
*multi tracker
*disruption pod
*SMS

FAST ATTACK
--------------

HEAVY SUPPORT
Broadside
*team leader
*advanced stab.sys.
*shield generator
*hard.w. Multitracker

Broadside
(same equipment as the one above)

Hammer Head
*railgun
*flachette
*D-pod
*multitracker

Now i'm probably going to add two bodyguards for the commander.

What are your thoughts?

BTW. I'm aiming for a solid 1500p army, but maby 1700p in models so I can alter my tactics and armybuild, and so on.

Chumbalaya
11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
You can drop a lot of your commander's gear, a unit to hide with is better protection.

Drop that and a unit of FW, split your kroot and add Crisis suits. That gives you a more mobile and flexible army to play with.

Look into Pathfinders too, they really make things interesting.

Kall3m0n
11-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah, was thinking about it.

I won't take crisis suits.
As I wrote: "I really don't want a mech-list, but at the same time I really don't want just FW:s."

A single FW-unit is total crap, hence the second, but i was thinking weather to take one more, or just go for two bodyguards for the commander and a ion-/railhead.

Yeah, pathfinders are really tempting with those markerlights!

AS FEW SUITS AS POSSIBLE!

slxiii
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah, was thinking about it.

I won't take crisis suits.
As I wrote: "I really don't want a mech-list, but at the same time I really don't want just FW:s."

A single FW-unit is total crap, hence the second, but i was thinking weather to take one more, or just go for two bodyguards for the commander and a ion-/railhead.

Yeah, pathfinders are really tempting with those markerlights!

AS FEW SUITS AS POSSIBLE!

either all fws in devilfish, or suits. going without both makes you a gunline, and thats not so good...

gcsmith
11-09-2009, 07:16 AM
NOoooo shaper really not worth 21 points. use kroot as a ambush outflank unit for picking of vheicles near flanks

Chumbalaya
11-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Suits are the best units you have, not using them is shooting yourself in the foot.

Kall3m0n
11-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Suits are the best units you have, not using them is shooting yourself in the foot.

Yeah, sorta. But they are so boring and predictable.
I really want to go for a troop-army.
Every Tau-player runs suits. I want to try something different.
I still haven't lost many games. And that is mostly thanks to my numbers (and my hammerheads and DV that are impossible to destroy).

Been playing three games with that list, but with an ionhead and two bodygurads (for commander).
Sucked ***.
Won all three games (against IG, Orks and BT) but they did nothing.

Think i'm going for one more fish and a second railhead, instead.

Still need to try a skyray and stealthsuits, though.

Gcsmith wrote: "NOoooo shaper really not worth 21 points. use kroot as a ambush outflank unit for picking of vheicles near flanks".

A small unit of kroots only need a couple of shots at them before they flee. Ld of 7 aint that good.
For 21 points I get three wounds and +1 Ld.
Haven't made up my mind yet if it's worth it.

Tarrandus
11-11-2009, 07:53 PM
boring and predictable.
Welcome to tau, mate :p;)

So, let me get this straight:

You don't want mech.
You don't want suits.
You don't want just Fire Warriors, but you want a lot of troops.

That doesn't leave you with much in the way of army builds. To have a dynamic army, you need fish, or you need suits. If you're not content with sitting and shooting, but don't want to branch out, I don't know what to tell you.

IMHO, Tau aren't for everyone. They're pretty much stuck into certain play styles, and if you don't like that, its harder to mix things up than other armies. :)