PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tactical Advice

Nephusis
11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Hello Readers,

This is my first time posting and I was hoping for some helpful input and advice because I play about 10 times a year. I will be playing against all my friends (who play regularly) for my upcoming winter vacation. Since I have to face a wide variety of opponents I have devised this 2500 point "fluffy" all comers list:

HQ
2 Nurgle Daemon Princes w/Wings & Warp Time

TOOP
2 Plague Marine Squads (7 men each)
4 norm, 2 Plasmaguns, 1 champ w/PF, and a Rhino

2 Plague Marine Squads (7 men each)
4 norm, 2 Meltaguns, 1 champ w/PF, and a Rhino

1 Plague Marine Squads (7 men)
4 norm, 2 Flamers, 1 champ w/PF, and a Rhino

FAST ATTACK
2 Blight Drones

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 Vindicators
w/Daemonic Possession

1 Plague Hulk

& 115 points left over

I wanted my list to be usable and still “Nurgle fluffy” army since my only army has been Death Guard (3rd edition). My friends don’t mind the Forge World models as it makes the army less C:CSM and more "Death Guardish". The armies I will be playing against are Salamanders, Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Eldar, Orks (LOTS of them), Khorne C:CSM, and maybe Tau.

DarkLink
11-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Stick your Rhinos out front to protect your Vindicators, DP's and Plague Hulk.

Depending on who you're facing, either your opponent will come to you (orks), or you will have to go to your opponent (Tau).

If you have to go to them, boost the Rhinos forward and blow smoke, focusing on a flank. Fairly straight forward to play, just get some practice at target priority and manuvering.

If they come to you, then sit your Marines in cover, use Rhinos as mobile shields, and keep your Vindicators and DP's hidden to use as counter assault for when your opponent gets close. You will probably want to try and steal the charge, as well (particularly against Orks).

Ming
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Spend points for the havoc launchers. Keep your guys in the rhinos till they need to get out and do their thing. STAY concentrated on one flank or center, not spread out. Keep the drones in reserve, till you know what to do with them. If you set the table up, use d3 +1 pieces of terrain per 2x2 area. Redo one unit to be those infiltrating chaos vet units. Go see Black Matt's blog and utube vids for more quick primers on being a chaos marine player.

crazyzombie
11-09-2009, 10:21 PM
You might also want to consider moving this thread to the armylist section of the forum

Nephusis
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone

My ork bud came to visit the other week and I followed what Darklink said and zipped the smoking rhinos up and backed them up with the heavy hitters.

The battle ended with lots of dead Orks (thanks to the dice gods and some helpful advice) the only thing that my friend had was an untouched lotta squad on a hill.

However since I have only played CSM since 3rd edition I have NO experience with skimmers or even how to utilize them. My blight drones died turn 1 from lootas. To be honest I underestimated the size of the drones and I paid the price for it. :( Next time I’ll hold them in reserves Ming.

DarkLink
11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Nice, good work.

Yeah, one of our local players has a nasty Plague Marine army (though he doesn't use forgeworld stuff), so I have some experience against such a list as yours.