PDA

View Full Version : Our Missiles Will Blot Out the Sun!! - 2k Guard

entendre_entendre
11-06-2009, 10:28 PM
in a discussion with a friend we came up with a crazy-spam guard army idea: spam missiles.
...as in literally turn the other side of the board into a crater. with the above quote in mind this is what i came up with for a ridiculous missile-spam to-the-max list at 2000pts:

Our Missiles Will Blot Out the Sun!! - 2,000 pts

HQ
Company Command Squad "Launching Out Loads (LOL)" - 95
- missile launcher, Master of Ordnance

Company Command Squad "Missile Yielders (MY)" - 95
- missile launcher, Master of Ordnance

TROOPS

Platoon "Ricochet Ordnance Comes Kindly Everywhere Tonight (ROCKET)" - 625
Platoon command squad
- missile launcher
Infantry Squad (x2)
- missile launcher
Heavy Weapons Squad (x5)
- 3 missile launchers

Platoon "Going Over Every Silo (GOES)" - 625
Platoon command squad
- missile launcher
Infantry Squad (x2)
- missile launcher
Heavy Weapons Squad (x5)
- 3 missile launchers

Platoon "Blast Off Only Mouths (BOOM)" - 560
Platoon command squad
- missile launcher
Infantry Squad (x3)
- missile launcher
Infantry Squad
Heavy Weapons Squad (x3)
- 3 missile launchers

total: 2000 pts

total # of missiles: 51(!!!!!)
# of KP's : 26 (18 if combined squads)

frag all infantry, and use krak (no not that type!) on vehicles.
MEQ? it's called 51 frag missiles. let's see 3+ armour handle that...
time breakdown: movement phase: 0 min. shooting phase: 25 min. assault phase: is there anything left of the enemy? 0-3 min.

tactics: ummm.... just sit there... and shoot (frag all infantry, and use krak [no not that type!] on vehicles. MEQ? it's called 51 frag missiles. let's see 3+ armour handle that...(:< ). then congratulate the other player on volunteering for target practice. pack up. go home.

this army is the response to the greatest internet/game question:
"C4n 1 h4v3 M04r R0ck375 plz?"
yes, yes you can.

*note: this list is meant to be a serious tournie list, but would be hilarious to see... once. :p

Hope you got as much of a kick out of reading it, as i did writing it,
EE

Silver
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
haha, sound like a lot of fun. lol my rocket goes boom. nice xD

where are the manticores??? it would make the list more competitive, though you may need to knock out some ML squads to fit it in [which you probably wont want to do].

-Silver

Earthen
11-07-2009, 11:05 AM
looks like fun, untill you see a few Russes or a couple LRs stocked with 2+ armor.

entendre_entendre
11-08-2009, 12:20 AM
@ Earthen: Armour 14 + 51 S8 krak missles = dead tanks.
if you need them do die, they will, if you shoot it enough (especially with the officers yelling bring it down on 2 units a turn).
2+ armour? 51 frag missles (they never truely miss, they just don't land where you want ;) ) 6 T4 guys (for easier math) (directly) hit with 36 frag missles should die by (the "always correct") mathhammer (assuming they are in the "shoot me!" formation). this list is about spam hits, also, the list doesn't care about cover either (AP 6? like i'm ignoring their armour anyways...). of course, this isn't the best use of your fire, but you get the point, you can always feed those units IS's to tie them up.

@ Silver: some Manticores would be nice, but i felt the need to go with more peons- uh, i mean guardsmen. also this is just for fun (though it does have 24 scoring units), i don't think i would play with list as my game would be pretty boring (as stated above). personally, i'd rather have a fun loss than a boring win (unlike some people). as for the squad names, i needed something interesting for a spam list, so go with some "internet intelligence" humour. also, it was quite fun making all the names having to do with explosives/missiles.

the list is mainly just me proving a point about spam, no one can do it like the guard :D
also, according to the internet, the ML is an "inferior" weapon, so i decided to make an all ML list just to see how effective it would be. answer: pretty damn effective (of course the 3+ Land Raider may cause some problems, but when wouldn't it? Massed Russes are less of a concern as they would need to be in squadrons, and thus easier to kill/annoy).