PDA

View Full Version : Lego Battletech - I'm in heaven!

Bigred
05-26-2013, 11:36 AM
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/battlemech

Go look at all of them... so cool.

Gotthammer
05-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Awesome stuff - I used to build ones like the little dudes back in the day, but seeing what they can do with all the new parts is incredible. Loving the Battlemaster (always my favourite mech).

lobster-overlord
05-26-2013, 04:00 PM
we had tons of legos when I was a kid and I used to build transformers I couldn't afford and a Lion Voltron. I love that you can do most anything with LEGOs and imagination. My kids are just getting to teh age that LEGOs are cool (really? When arn't they cool.... but they are too young).

John M>

Daemonette666
05-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Are they to scale? I know that Classic Battletech has had a few different scales. medium size which became smaller when clan omnis came in, then larger when the Dark age stuff started coming in.

The leggo stuff needs to be smaller than 10 cm and larger than 7.5 cm depending upon the class of mech.

I have been building and painting quite a few mechs for a 2 day tournament I am running in October in Sydney Australia. The cool thing is oyu pay for a mech, and go home with either a mech in the box, or one or more painted omni-mechs for the first day, and there is a themed historic battle on Northwind - Highlanders vs Draconis combine circa 3029. It should be good, and I have finished most of the mechs for the second days gaming.

It would be good if you could order the lego mechs in different colour schemes for your different factions.

Portal
07-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Very cool indeed... and has a side benefit: You can show damage on your mech much easier. hehe