PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Orks expansion help requested.

Master Bryss
11-08-2009, 10:36 AM
So far I have amassed about 1500 points of Orks and would like to get a 2000 point list. So far I have:

Warboss (Black Reach)
Big Mek w/ Shokk Attack Gun
6 Nobz (Black Reach, but 2 converted to have Power Klaws)
Trukk
5 Tankbustas
6 Lootas
5 Burnas
20 Boyz (Black Reach, one is now a Nob w/ power klaw)
10 Shoota Boyz
20 Grotz+ 2 Runtherds
10 Ard Boyz (including Nob with power klaw)
3 Bikes (including Nob with power klaw)
3 Deffkoptas (Black Reach)
5 Flash Gitz

It's very infantry based, so I'd like to add a few more Trukks and maybe a Battlewagon (not sure what to give it though)

Any thoughts?

Chumbalaya
11-08-2009, 12:30 PM
It's a mess. You don't have enough infantry, enough shooting, or enough mobility.

You have to give your army focus and build it with that focus in mind.

For example, my army is Battlewagon heavy, I like the idea of an armored assault and 4 AV14 vehicles amuses me to no end. To support all those boyz rushing forwards, I bring Lootas to knock out enemy armor, Koptaz/Buggies to knock out armor and remove threats to my BW, a Warboss so I can pick up a 4th wagon, a KFF to protect my wagons, and some grots to block LoS to the Lootas and cap objectives.

MarshalAdamar
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
More Lootas! They don't have a Nob with a boss pole and they have a leadership of 7 and a 6+ save so they need numbers and cover to stay put and blast away. 12 to 15 if you're going to field them. Other wise they'll take a couple of wounds, fail their 6+, fail their leadership and most likely run off the board.

More boys’ go for 30 boys with shootas and 30 'ard boys (that way you can spit them up if you want and have 3 units of 20) it gives you some versatility.

Then flesh out the Nobs so you can have a pain boy and 9 Nobs in some configuration.

As for new stuff, add battle wagons! They haul 20 boys, 13" with a red paint job and have a front armor of 14

BATTLE TAXI'S HO!~!

Also I love Kanz, the Grotzooka rocks three Kans with the Grotzooka are like 150 pts, and gives you 6 S6 small blast templates!

Ming
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
More boyz. Kans with clawz, lots of them. Ghazghul.

Master Bryss
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
More Lootas! They don't have a Nob with a boss pole and they have a leadership of 7 and a 6+ save so they need numbers and cover to stay put and blast away. 12 to 15 if you're going to field them. Other wise they'll take a couple of wounds, fail their 6+, fail their leadership and most likely run off the board.

More boys’ go for 30 boys with shootas and 30 'ard boys (that way you can spit them up if you want and have 3 units of 20) it gives you some versatility.

Then flesh out the Nobs so you can have a pain boy and 9 Nobs in some configuration.

As for new stuff, add battle wagons! They haul 20 boys, 13" with a red paint job and have a front armor of 14

BATTLE TAXI'S HO!~!

Also I love Kanz, the Grotzooka rocks three Kans with the Grotzooka are like 150 pts, and gives you 6 S6 small blast templates!

Defenitely a good point about the Lootas, although I've actually had quite good luck with a smaller squad and a Grot shield.

I like the Grotzooka too although I've never used Kans. The idea of six blast templates is defenitely a good one although I don't know how to make one.

After being told it's a "mess" (solid advice, sort of) I've decided I want to go down the route of dakka, and lots of it. So probably will add more lootas, a bigger shoota mob, swap the Big Mek for one with a Kustom Force field and possibly expand the size of the Gitz and put them in a Battlewagon.

Thanks for the help, keep the suggestions coming!

CaptainSinon
11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
It's a mess. You don't have enough infantry, enough shooting, or enough mobility.

You have to give your army focus and build it with that focus in mind.

For example, my army is Battlewagon heavy, I like the idea of an armored assault and 4 AV14 vehicles amuses me to no end. To support all those boyz rushing forwards, I bring Lootas to knock out enemy armor, Koptaz/Buggies to knock out armor and remove threats to my BW, a Warboss so I can pick up a 4th wagon, a KFF to protect my wagons, and some grots to block LoS to the Lootas and cap objectives.

only 4 battlewagons?

my advice is similar to above stick to one such theme your comfortable with i usually play with 160 models on the table for 1500 points, if i were you id redo a 1500 point list that is a little more focussed remember - just because you have a model doesnt mean you MUST use it, also 2K armies dont get used very regularly in my experience whereas 1500 points do

also for battlewagons buy a deffrolla ALWAYS